Sunday, January 06, 2008

2 weeks?!?!

Boy have we been hit hard with storms here in Sacramento. Truthfully, they are all over the state, but Friday was the worst I had seen it in a while. I was afraid to even turn on the computer. Sorry blogging friends. I should be more consistant with blogging this week anyways as last week was hectic in returning from vacation. Actually, this week will be pretty bad too, but we'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah, back to the storm. The winds on Friday were around 70 mph which they said were the strongest since the 1950s! We had a teeny crack in one of our bedroom windows, but the wind, it broke. Not shattered and it is still intact, but it needs to be replaced. Also, our satellite got out of whack and we lost our signal. I called Directv and because I had not turned on the tv all day, we were way late. When are they coming to fix it? January 16th! Almost 2 weeks without tv. Hell indeed....

Thanks to all who participated in the trivia question. No correct answers, but it was a tough one. The correct answers - Sophia Loren and Charlize Theron.

Welcome to the new people who have visited my blog recently. I'll promise to visit your blogs this week.

Have a good week everyone.

12 comments:

Crazy Bitch said...

Two weeks without tv would make me want to change tv providers! What the hell?

Yes, the storm was bad! I had to go to the dentist, and had to have my dad take me. My car is too low to the ground to drive in large puddles. We saw a tree that fell on somebody's house, and a broken power pole, which was broken at the very base! My back fence is broken, now. There was trash everywhere, because Friday is trash day for us. It was scary as well as gross.

Anonymous said...

I love the crazy weather. My workplace was on the news. The main storm drain backed up because the pump went out or something. Our parking lot was flooding and peoples personal cars had to be moved. A couple got flooded and were towed. I went home for lunch and got the Expedition but couldn't get back to my office. The main road was cordoned off. I came home and watched Ellen. What a day!

Anonymous said...

The weather out there is actually worse than it is here. After a very difficult new years day, it has been almost summer-like around here.

Weather the storm...be safe

Tara said...

Sorry to hear about the window and the bad weather! And the TV! I hope it comes back on as soon as possible.

Unknown said...

TWO WHOLE WEEKS? I'd die. Actually, I'd catch up on movies. :) I'm glad we haven't had crazy storms like that here, the frat house would blow down!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

While scary and unsafe, I quite enjoyed the crazy weather Friday. Something new and exciting. Seeing all of the downed trees and people's damaged properties makes me sad, but getting sent home from work early was fun! Seeing patients in the dark doesn't quite work... In the grand scheme of things though, we were really lucky - no trees through the roof, no downed fences, just a broken window (that was already on its way) and an askew satellite dish. We can find things to occupy our time until we get the TV back though - musical instruments real and video game!

Jose said...

We woke up to rain this morning but far away from being a storm. Stay warm and no TV could transalate into more blogging. lol

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I missed the trivia but I don't miss the crappy weather.. it's balmy here.. suppose to last for most of the week.. January Thaw...

laura b. said...

Crazy. The storms didn't end up hitting us quite so hard as anticipated down this direction.

Churlita said...

That's crazy. When we got hit with 150 mph winds from the tornado, it only took us a week and a half to get our cable back.

Mom said...

I'd die with no TV - I watch way to much. Does your TIVO still work, though? Miss talking to you guys. Call your mother!!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mom, the Tivo does NOT work. And we weren't aware YOUR phone was broken...