Monday, January 14, 2008

This and That....

Pretty good weekend if I say so myself. It started off early Saturday morning watching two soccer games back to back and not only did Jess not give me any grief for it, but she actually watched them with me! It doesn't hurt that my favorite team, Manchester United, has a guy that she has a huge crush on! To top it all off, Man U won 6-0, scoring 6 goals in the second half and moving them into 1st in the English Premier League.

Saturday night was the first poker night of the season and after winning the championship last year for the 3rd straight year, I wanted to get off to a good start. I didn't end up winning, but I did finish a solid third, getting my money back and picking up some good points. Lasting that long kept me from playing Rock Band all night with my friends in the living room, but you do what you have to...

Sunday was great because the Cowboys lost. Enough said....

With all the craziness of Christmas, work, and other issues, I completely missed an important even in December. December 9th was the 3rd anniversary of this blog. Thanks for making it what it is.

Finally, if you read the last post about the format war, you'll appreciate this video. I LOVE it!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The NFL playoffs are not the same without my team (Steelers)....they are far more relaxing now.

Good job on getting off to the good start in the poker tournament...remember it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Congrats on yer 3 yr blogiversary...

Churlita said...

Congrats on your bloversary.

I was also glad the Cowboys lost. Now if only the Pats would lose...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on three fun years of blogging. Many more to come I hope.
Loved the video! Funny Stuff!
Go Patriots! I love a team that wins.

laura b. said...

A belated congratulations on your blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd blog anniversary! And you still manage to keep it fresh and interesting. Bravo!

Tara said...

Yay, congrats on Manuel's View's three year blogiversary!

npanth said...

Congratulations on your longevity! Here's to three more years. Funny video :)