Monday, January 28, 2008

Evil E's Saturday Scavenger Hunt #12

Yeah, it is Monday and not Saturday, but I have had a lot going on. January has been a hellish month and the 10 or so posts this month proves that. All last week I was sick and didn't feel like posting at all. Only movies could get me to post last week. So with the word of the week being "sweet", here ya go....

First, here is picture of maybe the sweetest person I know, GG. This is Jessica's great grandma and she is 101 years old. Unfortunately, after 98 or so years of great health, she has started to go downhill the last few years. This past weekend, we thought we were going to lose her and even now, we are guessing she doesn't have much left in her. We didn't get to go see her this past weekend because I was sick, but we plan to this coming weekend. Truly, a sweet person. This was Jess and I with her this past Christmas...





I didn't want my "sweet" pictures to be too much of a downer so here are pictures of my "sweet" Marvel statues. I am including these as I just bought a new one - The Incredible Hulk in the last picture!








Finally, I want to welcome my friend, Happyflapjacks, to the blogging world. He is the friend who made my nifty banner above. He just recently started a blog last week and it is off to a great start! Give it a chance, it is quite funny.

8 comments:

AlienCG said...

All very sweet pictures. Jessica's great grandmother looks like a very sweet lady. I hope to live 101 years. The figures are all cool.

I was wondering who HappyFlapjacks was when I saw his comment on my blog. I almost thought I was going to delete it, but it was a very good comment. Welcome aboard.

laura b. said...

Aw, your little GG is so lovely. It is wonderful that you are taking the time to enjoy her while she's still around.
Love your Marvel collection! Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sweet collection you got there....good take on the word as always mein freund.

I noticed a lot of us used a person in the sweet category...very sweet of us all.

I will have to check out HappyFlapjacks...I always like to see new people.

Anonymous said...

Sweet comic book stuff! I'll bring my X-statues over and we can have some fun!

Churlita said...

Your pictures are all totally sweet. No one appreciates pictures of superheroes more than me.

Anonymous said...

GG is a sweetie. I'm glad I met her. Sorry to hear she is ailing.I hope I can live as long and be loved as she is. Best wishes and hugs.
Your collection is indeed sweet.

dmarks said...

"....He is the friend who made my nifty banner above."

Does the Hulk at the end count as a nifty Banner, or not?

MrManuel said...

Alien - Yeah, 101 would ne nice

Laura - Thanks!

Evil - Yes, I guess we are all sweet people

Val - Sounds like a party!

Churlita - Big superhero person are ya? Cool!

Nani - Thanks for the kind words...

DMarks - Now that is funny!