Monday, February 11, 2008

The 5 things that pissed me of last week #14

Wow, I haven't done this since October. That is due more to my laziness to a lack of grumpiness....


#5 - Had the annual Heads Up poker tournament at my house on Saturday. This is something a little different than the regular tournaments we have. A buddy of mine has one it 2 years in a row. We were drawn to play each other in the second round and I was a card away from knocking him out, and he got lucky, took the lead, and went on to win. Boo!!!!!

#4 - Despite a promise to do a post every day in February, I didn't get a chance to this weekend. I should have known better as the first week of every month is the busiest for me every month. I think I haven't visited all your blogs since Monday or Tuesday. It happens every first weke of the month, but I still apologize. It should be bettre again this week now that the usual hell week is over.

#3 - Speaking of work, I have a client who the last 3 months in a row, has asked me to get all her work done the day I get it so she can look it over and hae it in the mail the next day. I have had to set other things aside and one night, evern work until 11pm to finish her stuff for her. Well, I have to get her stuff done right away, but when she tells me she is going to give me a 1099 and I tell her I need it right away, does she do it? NO! I have an appointment to do my taxes tonight and I STILL do not have my 1099. That pisses me off!

#2 - Jessica applied for a new job and got it, but probably won't be taking it. Long story, but she decided not to take it. Anyways, what pisses me off is that when she was considering the job and talking to the new job's benefits lady, she asked her about what % coverage she would get for certain things. The lady turned from nice to snooty instantly and said, "Don't think that you can just come in here and get special favors from us!" Jessica never even had that in the back of her mind and I was very turned off by this. What a bitch!

#1 - As you may have read on my blog last week, it was the 50th anniversary of the Munich Manchester United disaster. Sunday, they commemorated it at the Manchester United game....and they lost. Nice tribute.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Hi darling! Hope all works well in your taxes today and you can still do them. Nice to have you back - even if for a bit!

HappyFlapjacks said...

I'd dropkick the 1099 lady. That really irks me when people always ask you to jump through your ass for them, then act like your asking for the world the one time you needs them to do something. If we're adding to your list of things that pissed us off last week, I'm going to count the grammys as happening last week and state that Kanye West is the biggest self-centered prick in show business. That dude pisses me off.

Anonymous said...

You have plenty to be pissy about. Smiles.

Churlita said...

That's a drag about your wife's new job. it sounds like she was smart not to take it.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I guess you should have held her work for ransome OR a 1099. I'm glad that Jessica didn't take that dumb ass job. What a bitch!!!

laura b. said...

Sounds like some stuff that is definitely worth griping about.

Tara said...

Well that was a good warning sign for Jessica. She didn't need to work in that kind of environment. There's something out there that's better for her and with nicer, more professional people.