Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update on the old lady

Well, the birthday came and went and we had a great time. I mean, it is really hard to complain about having 2 parties. We had a great time at both - Friday night with the friends and Saturday afternoon with the family. What a lucky girl! What did I give my wife for her 30th? Well, my wife has been sleeping with the same teddybear since she was one year old. I decided to take a black and white picture of him and then have it framed at our friend's framing shop. It came out awesome. I don't have a picture of it right now, but I will put it up later this week.

The new pizza place by our house finally opened last week, Pizza Schmizza. It is awesome and in fact, I went there again today for the second time. They have a great variety of interseting pizzas including the yummy steak and red potato pizza I had today. They also have breadsticks which are closer to loaves of bread and you can dip them in some AMAZING alfredo sauce. Overall, I am very happy with this place and will probably become a regular stop.

Today, work started on a backyard which is being professionally landscaped. Bascially, we are not outside yard work people so they are making low maintenance. I'll put up some "before" pics later this week.

Thursday, I am going to steal an idea from Alien and do a contest for a prize. I just bought Con Air on BluRay so I am getting rid of my DVD version, minus the UPC code I am cutting off to get $$ back for upgrading. The winner will get the DVD shipped to them. So that everyone has a fair share, I will tell you when it is posted. It is due to be posted Thursday at 5PST/8 EST. Bring your movie knowledge!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 parties are always better than one.

The pizza place sounds interesting. I know you have mentioned it before. I would have to try it if ever out that way..which could happen now. The new job has travel and relocation.

I hate yard work, good that you let the experts handle it.

I will have to check this contest out. The Alien's went pretty well and was a good idea. Me and him like spreading good ideas across the land.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Old lady?!?!?!

That was the BEST birthday gift I've ever received. It was so thoughtful on your part. You got MAJOR husband points for it! I LOVE it, sweetie! Thank you again!

Tara said...

The description of that pizza place made me hungry! Yum!

I loved "Con Air".

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get reimbursed for upgrading from DVD to Blu Ray. Did I misunderstand that?

If not, who does the reimbursing???

laura b. said...

I love presents like that, which show some thought about the person you are giving the gift to. There is nothing generic about it.
That pizza place does sounds intriguing. I hope we get one somewhere near us.

Churlita said...

I love that idea. It's great when people put so much thought into a gift and actually make something for you. You're a good husband.

MrManuel said...

Evil E- Relocation? Move somewhere warmer! I agree on the yard work. It sucks!

Wife - I am glad yo ulove it so much.

Tara - Yeah, it is a super yummy place.

Sonja - It is a promotion Disney is doing on a few of their movies. Show that you have a copy of the DVD, and they give you $10 back when you buy the bluray.

Laura - A lot of thought!

Churlita - I try my best!