Monday, February 04, 2008

Two great shows

For the last month or so, Jess and I have been really getting into 2 great shows on A&E. The first one is a show called Intervention. Basically, each episode profiles a person who has an addiction. The large majority of the shows deal with drug addiction, but there have been a few of other varieties such as shopping and eating addictions. The person being profiled thinks the cameras are following them to do a documentary on addiction, but in each episode, the person is is surpised near the end with an intervention. The person is then given a choice to go to rehab or be dropped from their family member's lives. It is really a fascinating show because you really get to see how much this addiction affects this person and the people around them. It is very emotional and you often feel awkward looking in on these people's lives. Once you start watching this show though, it is hard to turn away.

The other show we have been watching is Paranormal State. This is a show that follows a group of college students who have formed a group to investigate paranormal activities. The things they see/hear on this show are very creepy. You have to be open minded about the supernatural to appreciate the show, but if you are a believer in things like this, it is very creepy. As a person who has experienced ghosts first hand, and if you know me you know the stories, this show gives me the heebie jeebies! If things like this interest you or you are on the fence, I would watch this show for sure.

Anyone watch these shows?


Much shorter post today than yesterday. Yesterday was easily the longest post I have ever done. As I knew it was long and almost everybody would tune out by the end, I put this in near the end of yesterday's post...

"6:29 - Can the Patriots do it? 7 minutes left in the game. I have reasons I want both teams to win. If you are still reading this, you rock! Put the word shenanigans in your comment and I will promote your blog in my next post."

Well, there are 6 comments as I write this and only one used the magic word. So, big shout out to my cousin Purple Ocean Moon for catching the magic word. Stop by her blog and congratulate her for getting through that looooooonnng post!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Once you start watching this show though, it is hard to turn away"--sounds like if this addiction continues, you will need and "Intervention" intervention.

I will admit, I have not watched either show. I really do not watch much TV. Now that football season is over, it will be considerably less. At least until baseball season begins.

I missed the shenanigans...my bad.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, shenanigans! LOL!!

HappyFlapjacks said...

I have to say that I wasn't that wild about paranormal state. I do like the other show that they have Ghost Hunters. They're much more critical and when they get freaked, it gets me even more freaked. This show kinda reminds me of what would happen if you sent me to invesitgate pancakes....I'd always find them and they would always be good.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I've watched Intervention and it's very good. You're right though sometimes it's hard to watch. Your super bowl post was awesome!

Mom said...

I read pretty much all the way to the end of that last post but I have to admit I skimmed over the football references and read most of the commercial comments. I love you though!!!

MrManuel said...

Evil - You might be right. Maybe I will need an intervention. No worries on missing it - it WAS a long post!

Nani - TOO LATE!!!

Happy - Never seen it, might have to try it.

POM - and you are awesome for reading it!


Mom - You skimmer!

laura b. said...

Oh, just saw this post! I am pretty 'addicted' to Intervention. It is really interesting to see what the families have gone through, and all the things the addicted person is willing to give up for their addiction. I haven't seen the other one, Paranormal State, but it sounds check out worthy.