Sunday, January 23, 2005

Going in reverse

Wow, not only did I get no luck last night in my poker game, I actually lasted even shorter than usual. Nothing really to complain about though. Whenever I tried to play the feeble hands I was dealt, someone always had something better. I had a pair of aces and kings, someone had a straight. I had three queens, the other person had three queens also with a better kicker. The best two hands of the night were the hands where I lost all of my money. That is the way it goes I guess. My wife thinks that I need to make an offering to the poker gods. She might be right. Next time I play is in two weeks and it will be a big tournament - about 80 people. So obviously, if I do well there, all this will be forgotten. But it will take a heck of a lot to get that done.

No comments: