Sunday, January 09, 2005

The poker gods can BITE ME!!!

@#&! &%#* #@*% !!!!! As you can see, all of those are 4 letters. Yes, that is how my night of poker went tonight. And you know what is a pisser? There isn't a single thing that I did tonight that I wouldn't go and do the very next time I play. I am satisfied with almost every little single hand I played. Hmm. Lets run down the hands I lost big money on shall we:

1. Ok, Jason would be the prick on this one. I have pocket aces and bet a good amount of chips. He calls. Ok, he must have something good right? So the flop come out 4-4-9. I say ok, I have two pairs, and it probably is higher than his because he wouldn't have any low cards in his hand if he called my initial bet. Right? Absolutely- friggin' wrong! By the time we flip over our cards, I have put in a lot of money and he flips over the monstrous, never beatable, amazing super poker hand of......... 2-4. WHAT!!!!!!! YOU CALLED MY VERY FIRST BET WITH A 2-4? WHAT THE HELL! So of course, his three 4s beat my two pair. Ok, losing to a three of a kind is not so bad. Happens all the time. But losing to it because he stayed in with 2-4? I almost quit right then. Apparently I should have.

2. Bastard Vic. I am dealt K-Q. Ahh, looks like this will be the one that could bring me back up. I bet chips as I should. He goes all in as he has less chips than me. Hmm... maybe he has pocket Queens or Kings. More likely it is a low pocket pair like 7 or 8 (No wait that is later). I call because I like my odds. He has Q-4. YES! Now I am really liking my odds. That is until nothing comes up but a 4. Yes. That bastard 4 that did me in in the last example. You mutha humper! So he wins with his monster 4s.

3.Victor again (Who just happened to be a lucky sunnuavabitch tonight.) This time I am dealt A-K. Even better than the last example. I have to make a good sizable bet. Victor goes all in again. I say no way the poker gods can do this to me again tonight. I call him. He flips over a pair of sevens. Ok. So he had a hand. But I have two over cards and I am due for a break. First three cards are 2, J, 8. No help to either of us and I start to worry. Next card is a 9. No help and I am really sweating it now. This can't possibly happen again. I need a A or K next PLEASE!!!! Nope. No luck and I hold my head in shame. Wait! Not only is it not an A or K, but to add insult to injury, it is another 7. The poker gods conversation went something like this: "Hey, this guy has had absolutely NO luck the last 2 months. He's an overall good guy. Maybe we could just give him the card he needs. On second thought, lets just put him out of his misery and make him feel so bad that it feels like his favorite team lost in the championship, his dog got run over, and cheeseburgers cease to exist anymore all while some big guy named Bubba bends him over at San Quentin. Yeah, that sounds about right. Give Victor another 7." Yup, that is pretty much how I imagine it went, and my ass is still hurting.

Like I said though, I don't think I would do anything different. The luck is just not on my side. Granted, you have to hand it to Vic and Jason, they took the risk and put their chips in against my clearly superior hands. But please, can I just get a break? Can I take any solace in my play? Sure, all of the hands were good decisions, just bad luck. At least I wasn't Duncan that did this to me. That might have been the final nail.

Ok, it is 1:30 in the morning and I need to go to bed so that I can pick up my wife at 7:00 from work. Did the nice husband thing and dropped her off tonight. Monday is soon and I can write how my weight loss thing is going. Oh, and sorry about the whole San Quentin ass imagery. When I get going, you never know what is going to come out of my mouth...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I would have played it the same way. However, anytime the board pairs, expect the worst. That's my philosophy.

2. Vic is a bastard and deserves to be shot. Although.... he does seem to play like Gus Hansen, and it paid off.

3. Ok, so coming back from $10 to over $2000, that might have been the poker gods smiling upon me. I didn't put you on big-slick and that's why I went all-in. But in the end, life leveled out. Miss Cindy, who hadn't played a hand all night, took me out of the game just before the money. I was wondering if the poker gods were females who just sit and laugh at us. Cindy proves it.