Saturday, October 15, 2005

Domino

We got tickets to see the premiere of Domino Thursday night. The movie started at 730 and the ticket said to get there early, as admission is not guaranteed because they overbook to ensure a full house. We got there about 615, stood in line for 30 minutes and were let into the theater about 645. Ok, here's where I spout off about the beefs I have...

1) First, the movie. It was good. Very much a film Manuel and I would see. Lots of action, shot in a different style, guns, sex, drugs, good story. Ian Ziering and Brian Austin Green from 90210 do a good job and are very funny. The Jerry Springer scene is hysterical. We liked it. I'm not sure how the Bee movie reviewer lady gave it 1 star. I was wondering if we were watching the same movie...

2) Now, I don't bat for this team, but my god Keira Knightly was hot. And just so you don't think I'm switching sides, Edgar Ramirez, the guy who plays Choco, HOT HOT HOT! Smokin'! Whew...

3) It pisses me off that the lady sitting next to Manuel complained the whole time about everything. She was pissed off because she was one of the last people to be seated and complained about her seat (which wasn't so bad because she was sitting next to us and we sat where we sat voluntarily). She complained that the theater wasn't big enough, that they should have shown the movie in a bigger theater to fit more people. She talked on her cell phone to a friend of hers who didn't make it in and told her to ask if she could exchange the premiere ticket for tickets to see the movie the next day, and was surprised when her friend called back to tell her they wouldn't do it.
Here's why this lady is a stupid whore (a little harsh, admitted, but I love calling people stupid whores when it's deserved). The ticket to the premiere explicitly says to get there early because seating is not guaranteed. What don't you understand about that? You have nobody to blame but yourself that you didn't like your seat - you should have got there earlier and you would have had your pick of the theater. It just amazes me the gall of people - you're getting something for free and you complain about it?!

1 comment:

MrManuel said...

Yeah, that lady got on my nerves. I actually think I felt my blood physically boiling as I sat next to her listening.

And yeah, Keira Knightly is way hot!