Monday, October 10, 2005

I'm a loser

Yes, again it has been a while since I have posted. I am as good with posting here as I am with returning emails, but I am trying to get better with both. Lot to catch up on again!

Still doing the real estate thing. I LOVE my job! Unfortunately, I am about as successful right now as I was last time I posted. I had my referral close escrow which was nice. It wasn't a huge check, but at least it was some money. I currently have a second referral out there right now so hopefully that will work out too as well. However, as far as things go here in town with sales, not much is happening. I have a few things here and there, but nothing immediate. I am in talks with 2 or 3 people who are interested in buying, and I have 1 person that I am actually working on to list his house with. That might be exciting because he also owns 3 duplexes and might sell more than just his house. Wait a second, I also have one more seller I am keeping my fingers crossed on. However, they aren't selling till Spring so it will be awhile. What pisses me off is that me and the other new agents are really starting to feel the pressure from our Career Development Manager. Her and the manager keep saying you have to do this, this, and this, and for the huge part, we ARE doing all of the things they say. I know I am at least. I am doing Open Houses, calling people in my Sphere of Influence, walking my Farm Area and meeting people. Unfortunately, things are just not panning out. I have had great leads that have just unfortunately gone away. For example, I did an open house and had a guy who was REALLY interested. It wasn't going to work out, but I talked with the selling agent a bit so that he could get what he wanted. He wanted to look at it one more time before he decided. Unfortunately, before he could do that, he happened upon a condo he liked better. He bought it on the spot. If he hadn't seen it, he probably would have bought the house from me, I'd have money, and I bet work would be off my back despite the fact it is only ONE sale. But what can I do? If just a quarter of the things I have come across would have panned out, they would be kissing my feet. Unfortunately, things have been unlucky. I am not trying to do a woe is me thing, but this luck of dead deals has to end eventually. I am very frustrated, but trying to stay positive.

Still playing poker of course. Love every second of it. Still in first place in my biweekly tournaments which is good because I think it is good competition. All of the points are being totaled for an end of the year tourney. It has added some extra fun to the games.

Other than that, not much is going on. We are getting a new dog on Sunday which is exciting. His name will be Orko, and we HOPE that Leia will not get too jealous. I'll keep you updated. If you'r reading this, go ahead and leave a comment so I know I didn't just write all this for not.

Peace......

If I have any typos, screw it, this is too long to go back and edit!

1 comment:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

You WISH you played poker bi-weekly! Try bi-monthly... And don't go getting ideas for bi-weekly games!