Friday, January 06, 2006

Who messed up here?

The other day Manuel and I did some running around. At one of our stops, I told him I'd run in and he could wait for me in the car - it was a quick thing. I do what I have to do, then come out and see our car parked. I walk over to the passenger side and go to open the door, only to find it locked. I look inside the car and nobody is there. I look around for Manuel but can't see him/figure out where he'd go. I'm really puzzled now... Then it occurs to me that this may not be our car. I walk around to the back and look at the license plate. Sure enough, it's not ours. Now I'm feeling kinda dumb, but the fact remains that I can't find my husband or our car. I begin looking around again when I hear a honk. I look in that direction and there's my jerk of a husband, sitting 3 spaces away, laughing hysterically. HE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING! I get in the car and tell him that was mean. He agreed and said he'd do it over again in a second.

So am I the dork for going to a car that looked EXACTLY like ours, or is he a jerk for letting it all happen? You make the call...

5 comments:

MrManuel said...

Even after reading this, I am still ok with what I did. God it was hilarious! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jess, I love you but I think that is funny! Only because it really wasn't that long of a process. I doubt that he would have let you search and search and walk all over the place before honking or finding you! I thought at first that he had left you and had gone into the store as well and didn't tell you - then you could get mad!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is pretty funny Jess. It reminds me of that commercial where the guy is trying to break into the wrong car and scares the actual owner. "What are you doing to my car?" I always laugh. It's silly but great.
Smiles...

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try that out...that is so funny!

Anonymous said...

When Pete and I were in Omaha looking at houses, we had a Taurus as a rental car. One morning I go out to run to the drug store real quick. I get in the Taurus and the key wouldn't work. I didn't understand. I had it in park, the brake pushed, everything... So I try the keyless entry to lock and unlock the doors. I hear the horn honk. I do it again. I finally realized I had gotten into the WRONG Taurus. I was parked 2 spaces away. Who knew people in the Midwest actually left the car doors unlocked. So Jess, its not all bad. You could have attempted Grand Theft Auto...