Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Food once again

As promised, it is time for another food update. I'll be honest, I don't feel like I have burgers all the time, but when I look at the numbers, I am almost at the point where I am embarrassed about how many burgers I am eating. Oh well, what are you going to do...



This first one is a double quarter pounder with cheese, or what is left of it. I kind of forgot to take a picture at first. Noteworthy is the little bit of bun left at the top compared to how much bun I still have at the bottom. That is how I eat most burgers and this is due to how I hold the burger and bite into it. Jess makes fun of me...






This is a 3x3 from In n Out. I got it on our way home from out Cayucos trip last month.





These are two more turkey burgers from my aunt and uncle's house. They were YUMMY!




This is a burger from Johnny Garlic's, a restaurant owned by Guy Ferri here in town. It was good, but not quite as good as I expected.




Some burger from Wendy's - the Baconator or something.




Another Double Quarter with Cheese from McDonald's



This is that yummy burger again from Red Robin that I had last time. It was excellent once again.




That brings me to...........25. Ouch....



Now on to Jess:


This is a ice cream cone from McDonald's that we got on the way out of Walmart



Kelly #2 and her husband came for dinner a few weeks ago and like the great friends they are, they brought ice cream for Jess for dessert. I didn't complain because I LOVE ice cream cake. Love it, love it!




She also had a slice of ice cream cake the following day, but, well, this is when we remembered to take the picture...




Jess having a bowl of ice cream at my aunt and uncle's house.


An ice cream bar that Jess got on the way home from Cayucos







Mint oreo ice cream treat that she got at Johnny Garlic's. She LOVED this.




Ice cream with goodies at my folks' house.




Wendy's Frosty




Baskin Robbins late night run



Bowl of ice cream at her mom's house - where you can ALWAYS find ice cream.





That brings Jessica to 24 ice cream treats. Only one behind me!

10 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Oh my god - I am such a glutton!
But I DO love my ice cream - which you can tell from each of my big ass, cheezy, shit eating grins...

Sal said...

When you eat boring leftovers and no dessert, like I did tonight, a slew of pictures like these are downright inspiring! Everything looks fantastic. What kind of buns are those on the turkey burgers? They look kind of like wheat buns, but it may just be a trick of the light. Did I read right? Nothing from Carl's Jr. this time around?

Sorry to hear the burger at Johnny Garlic's wasn't all that great...but Jess' Mint Pie dessert was terrific. Thanks for the update!

Jose said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about. It seems I have a shot at guessing the right number. Only like 250 more to go. Piece of cake. lol

nani said...

Good eye Sal. We did use wheat buns for the turkey burgers.
You two are doing great! A very nice variety of burgers and ice cream treats keep you on track.
Hugs

Tara said...

I've had the Wendy's Baconator before. It satisfies my craving for bacon, cheese, meat and grease very well. I'd like to try the burger shots at Burger King. The ones that are supposed to be mini burgers.

Churlita said...

the In-n_out burger looked the best. I like the cheese to be melted on my burgers.

I got so sad when you mentioned Baskin and Robbins. It's my favorite and we don't have one in town here anymore. When we were at Half moon Bay last Summer, we all chose to have ice cream from there for lunch. It was a great decision.

laura b. said...

Keep going you guys! Your burger and ice cream pictures are always drool inspiring.

Sebastien Millon said...

Just wanted to drop by and say hello! It's been a long while, I hope you've been well Manuel. Will be looking through your blog and catch up with what's going on...

And I, for one, LOVE burgers. Love 'em.

Mom said...

Love these updates but it amazes me how many you really do eat. Is it more this year since you are counting and you are really making a point to eat them or have you really always eaten that many? Wow, I really thought I had a chance but no way now since you are almost at my guess of 33 and it's only April. No burgers or ice cream allowed on my birthday!

MrManuel said...

Wife - Yes, you are always so happy!

Sal - Yup, those are wheat buns, pretty yummy.

Jose - I don't quite think I will make it there.

Nani - I don't know if it is GREAT! :-)

Tara - Yeah, those burger shots look decent. I always get a chicken sandwich there. Love 'em.

Churlita - No BR is grounds for moving...

Laura - Glad I could help

Seb - So glad you are back!

Mom - No, I am not actively trying to eat to raise the totals and truthfully, I am shocked that I eat so many. I only thought it would be one a week, but when we can't think of what to eat or whenever we eat out, I end up getting it.