Monday, April 20, 2009

Party on Manuel, Party on Jessica

What an exhausting weekend! It started Friday night with poker night at my house. Yeah, we usually do it on Saturday nights, but as we had Saturday night plans already, we moved it a day, or night rather, early. I figured because it was not the usual day, it would be somewhat smaller, but we still ended up with 15 people so it was a nice surprise. I have also started broadcasting my games on the internet which has been kind of fun too. I'll probably keep doing this. I broadcast on my justintv channel - www.justin.tv/mrmanuel. If you sign up there, you get an email whenever I start broadcasting - useful if you check your email often, not useful at all if you are the kind of person who checks it once a day. So far I have broadcast myself mounting a tv on the wall, playing poker, and playing Rock Band. Good times.

Saturday we woke up early so we could pick up my folks at 8 and go to Picnic Day at our Alma mater, UC Davis. This is the annual open house event that is tons of fun and this year, had an estimated crowd of 100,000 people. I think the highlights of this day was looking at jars of worms taken from animals' bodies (Yech!) and making maggot art (Cool!). What is maggot art? Well, you take a maggot, roll it in paint, and then put him on a piece of paper and have him crawl across your paper. Then, dip him in a new color and repeat the process. There you go - maggot art.

We got home about 4, and left for a triple birthday party at 430. We had a great time eating, drinking, hanging out, talking, watching friends make fools of themselves, etc. We didn't leave until 2 and get to bed until around 230 in the morning. Now, a normal person would sleep in the next day, but Manchester United was on and well, I don't miss their games. So, I was up at 730, a mere 5 hours after I had gone to sleep from a long day of partying.

I guess I could have taken a nap after, but ended up deciding against it as we had to go to my Mom's to celebrate her birthday. We went over, but for the first couple hours, I was a zombie. I perked up when the food came out - surprise, surprise. And like usual visits to my parents' house, I ate WAY too much yummy food. In another big surprise, I was asleep by 930. Still, you can always sleep. You can't always have a kick ass weekend.

10 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

It WAS a good weekend. Busy, but really good.

Sal said...

We've had many weekends like that. None lately, thankfully. A man needs a little sleep once in awhile. Oh, and the maggot art sounds fun, if disgusting. Glad you had a good time!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Mom!

nani said...

What a whirlwind weekend. Glad you had fun.

Tara said...

I've never heard of maggot art, before, but it's definitely unique! The only trouble I'd have with it is picking up the maggot. We went fishing in September and used maggots as bate. My one nephew had problems pronouncing "maggot" and would call them magnets.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

You are definitely rockin' and rollin with all that partying..

Churlita said...

Wow. You guys are crazy partiers. It sounds like a lot of fun, but like you might to take a vacation day to recover.

Sebastien Millon said...

Maggot Art!!! You are going to make millions!!!

laura b. said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Definitely one to remember.

Jose said...

And I thought I was the only one with a hectic weekend. Try taking about 30 relatives to Knott's Berry Farm. Not an easy thing, yet we or should I say they had fun. Me, I had to take mi chica back to the house as she got dizzy. But don't we live for fun busy weekends like this. Although I was not a zombie like you I was melting in California, man it's humid there, I kindda had forgotten.

Mom said...

Maggot Art was cool ut not to worry. We picked them up with tweezers. The art really is suitable for framing.

I did see a little of your poker game but didn't stay long.

I'm disappointed you didn't talk about the extra fun and extra house guest we had at our house on Sunday. Maybe you need to blog about it. Heard strange voices last night but rather than mute the tv to confirm, I chose to ignore because it was better that way.