Wednesday, April 08, 2009

(Non) Wordless Wednesday #29

I was going to make this a Wordless Wednesday, but I cannot NOT say something (yeah, I know that is a double negative, but you know what I am trying to say)...


First, I saw this in a public restroom at Denny's. That should be enough explanation I am sure. What I do want to know is what was crossed out after the error. Did someone correct it? Did someone from Denny's see the correction and think the original was correct and so they crossed it off? Was it just someone making fun of it? I would love to know. Either way, hilarious...





This was on one of those machines at the store where you bring your memory card and you can print pictures off it. There is so much that could be said about this, and so many ways you could laugh at it if you interpret it the way it was written...


I saw this yesterday on a drive and had to go back today to take a picture. You have to be safe in this day and age so always keep it wrapped...


9 comments:

dmarks said...

I'm not sure if you saw my older blog post, "The content of the owner's manual should be changed for better service.".

Some gems I found in just one manual include:

"3. Please do not get in touch with chemical medicine like benzine or thinner. Otherwise maybe attaint the facies."

"Consult with dealer or the experienced wireless/television technical personnel's hearts acquires the help."

Sal said...

I actually joined a group on Facebook dedicated to exposing grammar/spelling/punctuation errors made in public places. I find it kind of amusing, and at the same time very sad.

The chimney picture was gold.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That chimney picture is everything you described and more. I'm glad you went out again to immortalize it.

And dmarks - WHAT?! That drivel is actually in print somewhere?! it doesn't even make sense!

Jose said...

That's one of the reasons I started bloggin'. Before my sign writting would have been very similar.

nani said...

LOL!!!
I see stuff like that in emails at work!
That chimney picture is funny. You can't be too careful.

Churlita said...

I love signs written by ESL people. Just like I'm sure all the Spanish speaking patients I used to translate for at the hospital used to probably make fun of all my mistakes in their language too. I was just smart enough not to try and write in Spanish.

That last picture? Ewww.

Anonymous said...

These are all excellent. Obviously, whoever wrote these notices really find someone who has a grasp on the English language. I just listened to a tech podcast today and the host was talking about the translation in computer manuals being incomplete and unreadable.

The chimney? Hahahahahahaha! Priceless, thanks for that one.

Mom said...

The Fuji sign was funny. I love seeing things like that. I'm glad you took pictures.

dmarks said...

Miss Sassy: I own a copy of the manual. Check the blog post in link my in first comment. All that stuff from just one manual.