Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Must Break You

So let's say you are a low life who robs people in their home. Let's say you are even lower of a life and you tie up the woman of the house. Now let's say you look at family pictures while you are at the house and you realize you are in the house of a celebrity bad ass. What do you do? Well, that issue just came up the other day...

From the Daily Mail:

Armed robbers fled after discovering the home they had broken into belonged to 'tough guy' actor Dolph Lundgren.

The masked raiders tied up the star's wife and terrorised her into handing over cash and jewellery by threatening her with knives.

But they cut short their raid on the house near Marbella, Spain, after spotting a family photo of the action star and his children in one of the bedrooms.

Luckily for the gang, Lundgren - most famous for playing Russian boxer Ivan Drago in Rocky IV - was out.

The 6ft 5in karate black belt, once bodyguard to singer Grace Jones, had to save his strength for consoling wife Anette when she phoned him in tears to tell him what had happened.

Police are still hunting the three attackers.

An insider said: 'Things might have turned out very differently if Dolph had been in.

'The criminals fled as soon as they realised the owner of the house they had raided was someone they wouldn't want to come up against in a fight.

'They left Anette pretty traumatized. She's Dolph's angel and anyone who messes with her is messing with him.'

Lundgren, an expert in full contact karate, once injured Sylvester Stallone while filming Rocky IV.

The Hollywood actor was taken to hospital with bruising after being punched in the chest.

The Swede, who turns 52 in November, still has a six-pack from training up to six days a week in his local gym.

He recently took part in a six-round exhibition fight against a Russian wrestler and boxer in Moscow.

The father-of-two, who moved to Marbella from London, has starred in more than 40 films since his breakthrough with Rocky IV and was in the frame for last year's I'm a Celebrity....Get Me Out of Here!'

He also has a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney and a genius-level IQ of 160.

He has been married to jewellery designer wife Anette Qviberg for the past 15 years.

Their sunshine home is a stone's throw from Max Clifford's apartment in hills overlooking the Mediterranean in an exclusive residential area called Nueva Andalucia near Marbella.

Other celebrities with homes in the area - including Simon Cowell, Alan Sugar and Antonio Banderas - are thought to have upped security as a precaution.

A source said: 'Police have got very few leads. All three burglars wore balaclavas and they've no real description to go on.

'They're looking at CCTV footage to see if they can advance the inquiry. Dolph's away on business a lot and he's increased security to try to avoid a repeat.

'Anette has even spoken about leaving the area. But Dolph's persuaded her it's a one-off and they should stay put for now.'


I guess they were afraid that he could walk in at any moment and if he did, you would make them bleed their own blood. Imagine having that kind of power that armed robbers flee at the sight of your PICTURE. Man, to be that bad ass. I guess that is why he will be in the upcoming movie, The Expendables, the biggest bad ass movie of all time and a movie that I am looking forward to seeing more than any movie coming out this Summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't come out until the end of this year. What is The Expendables? Tune in tomorrow for awesomeness....

13 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That's awesome!

Tara said...

I would've liked to have seen the expressions on their faces when they saw him in a family portrait. "Give us all yer mon....Wait, is that? No...Wait, it is!! Oh sh**!!"

Sal said...

Great story! The only thing that could possibly have been cooler is if Dolph had caught them in the act. Still, kudos to the three idiot robbers for knowing when they're outclassed. Forget Chuck Norris - Dolph's the freaking MAN!

As an action movie junkie since childhood, I can't wait for The Expendables. My kind of flick.

Sebastien Millon said...

Crazy story! I hope he finds them and kicks the crap out of them (and puts it up on youtube :) Amazing that he has such an IQ and chemical engineering degree as well...

dmarks said...

Hmmm. Interesting. Makes me want to go photoshop up several family photos of me standing alongside my brothers Dolph Lundgren, the Zohan, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, and Jean Claude Van Damm.... and frame them and place them all over the walls.

I'll also change my surname to "Soprano" on the mailbox outside.

Do you think that might do it?

Anonymous said...

I had no idea he's a tough guy with brains. That's cool. Of course, I would have pooped my pants and left too if I saw the family portrait.

nani said...

Love that story! Dolph is still a hunk and strikes fear in the hearts of punks. Good for him.
Where's the hamburger and ice cream update?

Jose said...

He may not be a block buster star but I enjoy all his movies. They are pretty entertaining. Yeah, that's right, you better run suckers, cause if I catch you your ass is mine. lol

laura b. said...

What a story! And yeah, I didn't know about all his smarts too...just the badass stuff.
Anyway, I hope they catch those losers.

MrManuel said...

Wife - couldn't agree more!

Tara - Pretty much what I would have said too to be honest.

Sal - I don't know, I see a pic of Chuck Norris, I am gone too.

Seb - That would be the #1 Youtube video for sure!

Dmarks - You had me until Zohan. Although, I am sure that was a joke. Soprano might work though.

Alien - Yeah, it surprised me how many people didn't know he was a genius too

Nan i - It is coming next week, promise!

Jose - Yup, he has always been enjoyable as a movie star

Laura - I hope he gets a piece of them if they do catch them.

Churlita said...

That's it. I'm definitely photoshopping Dolph into all my family photos. Whatever works, right?

Mom said...

wow,that is quite a story. I would definitely not want to cross him.

MrManuel said...

Churlita - doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Mom - They sure did not..