Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Hello and Happy Easter to all. Quick post because we are leaving out of town to go to the coast again, although this time it is for a funeral and not for pleasure. I guess all trips can't be for fun, right?

Anyways, I am doing a quick post to show you the Easter basket Jess gave to me this morning. I don't think I ever mentioned it on the blog, but I gave up soda for Lent, quite a task for me. I haven't had a soda since February 24th. For the most part, I was fine. It was only with certain foods, especially pizza, that I really missed it. Although, the last few days have been really hard as I knew the big day was coming. Well, this morning, as I said, Jess got me a great Easter basket and enjoy it I will...

Have a great day everyone!










10 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I am VERY proud of you for going without soda for FORTY SIX days! I know how hard it was for you. It was indeed a sacrifice and I'm sure God will be happy.

I'm glad you liked your basket. It was VERY easy to put together! I LOVE your face after your swig of Sunkist! You are such a cute, sweet man and I love you VERY much!

Mom said...

Happy Easter to both of you and congrats for going so long son. God appreciates it!

laura b. said...

Looks like a happy Easter to me, in spite of moving towards a sad occasion.

Sal said...

Sorry for the loss.

There's no way I could live without soda for as long as you have! I admire your strength.

This year Katie made a basket of favorite candies for the both of us to share; I filled a bunch of Easter eggs with the stuff she likes as well, and since we're both back home (and off tomorrow) I'll hide them around the house (as she requested - she's such a kid).

As for me - rumor has it that the Easter Bunny has a couple Bowen statues for me. Shh...I'm not supposed to know.

Happy Easter to everyone!

nani said...

Oh happy guy. :-)
I hope you all managed to have a little fun even though it was a sad reason for going to the coast.
We had a fun Easter but we missed you. Hugs.

Churlita said...

My daughter gave up soda and facebook for lent. She really missed the soda by the end. Oh, and I know I always say this and I'm sure you know it better than anyone, but Jess is awesome.

Tara said...

Happy (Belated) Easter!

Sebastien Millon said...

Hope you had a great Easter amigo, sorry for the funeral though...

Giving up soda is such a great idea, tons of sugar with no nutrients. I stay far away from the stuff myself.

Jose said...

We give up meat, and trust me I am a meat eater. I'm proud of ya for giving up something you enjoy.

Kelly said...

The Sunkist smile is pretty awesome! :D