Friday, May 08, 2009

New Tattoo in the family

Sorry I haven't posted since Monday. First week of the month is my busy time.

Last night I took my mom to get her very first tattoo! She has been talking about one for years and has always known what she wanted, but could never really pull the trigger on getting it. Finally, for her birthday last month, we (along with my sister) got her a gift certificate to get a tattoo from Brandon. He did such a good job on mine and Jessica's tattoo, we knew he had to do my mom's.


Getting ready to start. She said she actually wasn't too nervous and instead, was actually pretty excited.




See, that doesn't look like the face of someone scared. In fact, the only thing that was making her nervous was that my sister had a worried look on her face because of fear my mom wouldn't be able to handle it. Shouldn't the person getting the tattoo be more nervous?



And there Brandon goes. I don't know how anyone in the area could choose to go get a tattoo from anyone else. He is simply amazing.



The outline is now on. This is my mom's little siesta man. She collects anything that has this figure on it of a man sleeping against a cactus. And boy, does she have quite a collection!




And there is the finished product. Because it was such a basic thing, I figured it would look pretty simple. I think Brandon added some nice shading and color touches to make even the most simple of things look outstanding. Good times...

16 comments:

Sal said...

You're right; it's astonishing to see the depth he gave to such a simple design. Glad your mom likes her tattoo. If I ever figure out what I want, exactly, you know I'll be going to him.

*cough* Burgers and ice cream *cough*

Mom said...

Wow, so that's what it looks like! It sucks because I can't really see it good unless I look in a mirror. Just seeing the picture is awesome. He is fantastic. Thanks for posting it sweetie! and a big thanks to the three of you for my awesome gift certificate. This is truly a gift that lasts forever!

MrManuel said...

Sal - Out of all the things you like, how can you NOT think of anything to get a tattoo of?!?!?

Mom - Yes, it DOES last forever!

Anonymous said...

Nice tat! My brother is more into tattoos than I am. I tried wearing a ring once, but the cat hid it a couple years ago, and it's been mia since.

Kelly said...

Totally awesome!

Anonymous said...

Way too cool. I like that design.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Brandon is a freaking artistic god. I am SO thankful he came into our lives to grace us with permanent pieces of art to enjoy for the rest of our lives!

Sal said...

It's not that I can't think of anything; quite the opposite! With the sheer amount of pop cultural stuff I am into, it's hard to pick just one (to get me started, at least)! I have considered getting Boba Fett's shoulder emblem on my shoulder (as you already know), but I have also considered either (a) the "classic" Iron Man helmet on one bicep, with a more modern-looking one on the other; or (b) a Jason (as in Friday the 13th) hockey mask from part 3 on one bicep and one from part 8 on the other. Then when I saw your guy at that convention doing the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow tattoo, I considered that as well. It's really tough being a geek with OCD.

nani said...

WOW!! I talk about getting one, and I know what I want, but just can't get to the actually going to do it. Good tat Sis! Mom is going to hate it. LOL!!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Too bad I have to work Mother's Day - I would have LOVED to be there when she shows Grandma!

laura b. said...

Wow, that is such a cute design. It is really cool when you show us your family tats :-)

Sebastien Millon said...

That's a fun tattoo!

What tattoo do you and your wifey have Manuel?

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Wow, he did do a wonderful job! Congratulations to your mom for getting her first tattoo!

Churlita said...

That's so cool. I love it that your mom got a tattoo and that guy does really good work.

MrManuel said...

Npanth - Damn cat!!!

Kelly - I agree, thanks!

Alien - She loves it too!

Wife - couldn't agree with you more!

Sal - There is so much to choose from

Mom - Should be interesting to see what she says...

Wife - She still hasn't seen it..

Laura - I have to, they are so cool

Seb - I have Wolverine and Hulk. Wife has Chewbacca. Pictures are somewhere on here. Mine should be end of May/beginning of June. Her's in July maybe. Of 2008.

Tara - Thanks!

Churliat - It was fun to do.