Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We have finally arrived...

The day I have been waiting for a year for has arrived. Now, if you know me, you might think I am talking about my birthday and that would be a very good guess. That isn't until Friday anyways, but truth be told, there is an even bigger day coming tomorrow. Tomorrow is the Champions League Final, pitting my team, Manchester United, against Barcelona to decide who is the best club team in Europe. Last year, my dreams were met as Manchester won the title. This year, they started off quite shaky and I was sure that there would be no repeat this year. However, they improved little by little, won the English Premier League a week ago and now have the biggest stage of them all to conquer tomorrow.

Can they do it? Well, Barcelona is regarded by many around the world as the best team in the world and last I checked, they were favored. But I don't know - I am being cautiously optimistic. Now if they lose, will I be surprised? No of course not. I will of course be sad, but not shocked. I am starting to lean towards believing we will win, but in the game of soccer, anything can happen.

I am so nervous. Tomorrow's post - The highest of highs or the lowest of lows. We shall see....

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I hope they win. How awesome of a birthday gift would THAT be?! I'll send snootfulls of good thoughts tomorrow...

Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing the game,even though we may know the results. All in all I just hope it's a good game - that it is good soccer!

mrvideoguy said...

Rafa Marquez hurt. Abidal and Alves suspended due to cards. I don't care what any expert says this is a wrap. You don't show up with half a backline to the final of a tournament and get it done. Now I can say my boys at Liverpool beat the European and Premier league champs twice. Yes, I won't let it go.

Sal said...

Though I'm not much of a soccer fan, I'm hoping they win as well; when you don't have a lot invested in a game you've got to root for the team your friend likes; isn't that a rule or something?

As always, I'm looking forward to your play-by-play on Facebook!

nani said...

Good luck sweetie. It would be awesome if your team won. Snootfulls of good thoughts. LOL!!! Snootfulls! Good use of the word Sassy. :-)

Jose said...

May the best team win... OK, just kiddin' may your team win and make you up and down your living room for an hour or two just out of sheer happiness. lol

laura b. said...

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no soccer, but I'll send good thoughts to you and Man U! Go!

Churlita said...

I hope your team wins and I hope things goes okay with the other bad bidness today too.