Sunday, May 17, 2009

Photos and photo news

Just some random photos to post tonight that I have been wanting to put up on the blog. But before that, I want to say a new goal that I have. As I am turning 31 in a couple of weeks, I have decided to try to do something for my 31st (although technically, it would be my 32nd year, right?) year of life. My photography skills are novice at best and they say the only way to get good at things is to practice, practice, practice. With that in mind, and really this is a borrowed idea from a guy I went to school with, I am going to make it a point to take 1 picture every day. Now, this is not to say I will be posting them everyday, but I will at least try to post them every few days so I don't fall too far behind. But, the main goal is a picture everyday. What of? Hell, anything. I have seen the friend from school take amazing pictures of something as simple as a keyboard. So technically, it could be anything. That is the goal....


So, moving on.....some recent pictures, a couple by camera phone and the others on my regular camera.



Ok, now, you can't tell me the guy who did the art for this picture thought it was totally innocent. There is no way....



I don't know about you, but I think that is a little too pricey for a Chinese Buffet. It better be DAMN good food.




This is my little bar that I now have in my poker room. I am really liking it so far. I just need to add a few more things to it. I think a mini fridge might also look good in here too.



This is Leia's bed. To the left you can see that Orko does have a bed of his own. I guess on this night, he decided it would be fun to share a bed with Leia. And no, we did not make him go into the bed with her. We were going to bed and Leia jumped in her's and before we knew it, here comes Orko and jumped into the same bed for some reason. Silly boy....


11 comments:

Sal said...

The photo-a-day thing is a great idea. A friend of mine from high school is doing the same thing; he uploads the picture to Flickr every night, and also posts it (via RSS) to Facebook. He does some great work. I have been taking at least one picture a day for quite some time (mostly food, obviously), though they're not always anything worth sharing in my opinion - usually it's a photo of something around the house, something I see during my work day, etc. I think I take okay pictures, but I need to work on editing them. I'm partway through Photoshop CS4 for Dummies, and so far I just feel like a dummy :)

The expensive Chinese buffet made for a funny picture. At least they're offering a 10% discount! The bar looks great; I like the way you have your glassware up top, liquor below that, and wine, etc. on the bottom. A mini fridge would be a great addition.

The three pictures of your kids, as always, are appreciated and adorable. Hope Orko's limp is better.

melo-duckworthoriginalz said...

Hey it's pretty fun. I have been posting a picture a day for the past three years in my photo blog you may or may not have been there. In case you want to check it or re-check it out here's the link. Oh and good luck with your new endevour. Actually a picture a day is fun and challenging.

http://joecoolspics.blogspot.com

Jose said...

Ok the last comment should have been from here.

Hey it's pretty fun. I have been posting a picture a day for the past three years in my photo blog you may or may not have been there. In case you want to check it or re-check it out here's the link. Oh and good luck with your new endevour. Actually a picture a day is fun and challenging.http://joecoolspics.blogspot.com

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I support your picture a day idea. I'll pose for you anytime (I'm such a ham...)

I love the pictures of our kids. They are freaking cute! That Orko does some pretty silly things sometimes...

nani said...

A photo a day huh. Lots of possibilities. I look forward to seeing them. I like your bar. It is very tidy. Your puppies are so cute. I really enjoyed seeing them, especially Orko, on Saturday. Their alert when I rang the bell was hilarious. Hugs.

Churlita said...

Great idea. There are photo-a-day blogs for different towns. If you ever get really into it and want to do something like that.

laura b. said...

I really want to get myself a halfway decent digital camera. I'm sure you photos will help inspire me to do so.
I love the pictures of your pups :-)

Tara said...

Your pups look like they're about to sing in that first shot of them. Very cute, and I like the last shot of them finally resting.

Keep posting those photos, it's a good plan!

dmarks said...

The price of one of those buffets could support 3 Chinese families for one year.

Mom said...

I like the picture a day - hope you stick with it. I think you should go beyond that as well and try something different with your camera each day. That way you really improve.

A fridge right next to it would be just what you need as well. But then you need a sink and isn't that what is called a wet bar? Although your kitchen really isn't that far away.

Pups are cute. Reminded me of Cassie's dogs as well. They like to bunk together sometimes as well.

Sebastien Millon said...

What a cute duo! and the chinese buffet, I mean, maybe it's so good it's worth it?