Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Goodness

I had a great time celebrating my birthday this weekend. It started off great by reading the wonderful post that Jessica wrote about me on the blog. That was a pleasure to read and glad you all enjoyed it as well. Friday night we celebrated with friends at the house. Board games and booze make for an extremely fun time. I have a great group of friends and they really know how to have a good time. Like New Years, we played some Kings Cup and that always leads to some hilarious times! Some photos of the night:









On Saturday afternoon, we went with our families to a restaurant here in town called Tres Agaves. It is a Mexican restaurant/tequila bar. The amount of different tequilas they had there was simply amazing. And, since it was my birthday, they let me choose any tequila I wanted (up to a certain price) to have a shot of. Now that, is a birthday treat. Screw the scoop of ice cream and the singing waiters. This place did it the right way!









On a completely different note, I have started my photography project of taking a picture every day for a year. I am three pictures in pictures will be coming shortly of what I have so far.

10 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I'm glad you liked your birthday post. Everything I said was true and thank you for being you.

We did have a good time at your birthday party! We are blessed with a great group of friends!

Lunch with our parents was fun too. i know you were jazzed about your shot of tequila! I think that's a really good picture of our group...

I am VERY much looking forward to your picture a day. So far so good!

Sal said...

Looks like you had a great birthday weekend! I bet the new bar came in handy Friday night. Is Tres Agaves the place in the Fountains shopping center near The Counter? We've been meaning to give them a try; glad to hear it's a good place. I too am enjoying the Picture-a-Day and I'm eager to see what you post over the next year.

Jose said...

Tres agaves huh!Sounds delicious. Ummmm tequila. Orale orale arriba si senor.

nani said...

Looks like a great birthday. I really like that shirt. That's a different look for you. Looking forward to your pictures. Hugs.

laura b. said...

Looks and sounds like some great birthday celebrations with your friends and family. Hope the next year brings you even more good times :-)

Tara said...

Looks like a fun group of friends and family you have there!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday!

Churlita said...

Sounds perfect. What kind of tequila did you order?

Mom said...

I had fun at lunch on Saturday. Sorry that 3 of you got sick, however. The place was nice atmosphere and they have the right idea,but I really wasn't that thrilled with the food. I'll take Mas food anyday. Dad even went so far as to say if he's talking authentic, then we should just go to Urbanos.

I'm glad you have the great friends that you do.

I love your pictures so far. Keep up the good work!

MrManuel said...

Wife - And thank you for being YOU. Yeah, our friends rock!

Sal - Yup, that is the place. The food wasn't spectacular, but decent. Still, a pretty neat place.

Jose - Si Senor!

Nani - I wear it about once a year...lol.

Laura - That is the goal...

Tara - Yup, friends and family are both great.

Churlita - A good kind? No clue..

Mom- Really tough to top Mas.

Sebastien Millon said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you drank some high quality tequila, nothin' better... it's my favorite.