Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12, 2009 - Day 45


July 12, 2009 - Day 45
Originally uploaded by pokermanuel
Pomegranate tree in my dad's backyard. I truthfully had no idea what this was until I asked Jessica. I thought a pear had something explode from its belly Alien style.



Today was my dad's birthday so we spent the day visiting. We had some awesome carnitas soft tacos with fresh rice, beans, salsa and man, was it all so yummy. I am sitting here still feeling it, and yet, it was all worth it. One of the things I did today was have my dad give me a tour of his backyard plants so I could take a photo of everything. I know he is proud of all the stuff he has and I thought it would be nice if all the photos were online that way he could just give people a link if they ever wanted to see all his plants. Or rather, he could have my mom give them the link so they could find them as I am not sure my dad even knows what a link is! So, the link is below if you are interested. For some of you, it just might look like plant after plant. Maybe for others who have gardens like Alien, this could be something of interest. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pokermanuel/sets/72157621230204205/detail/

9 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

"I thought a pear had something explode from its belly Alien style." That is hysterical and soooo you.

We DID have a good time celebrating your dad's special day. That was very nice of you to take the time to photograph and label all of his plants. You're a good son.

nani said...

You are so funny. Your dad is such a gardener and you thought that was a pear exploding! It was a very loving thing to do. (taking pictures of all his plants) Hugs.

Jose said...

That thing is particularly shinny.

Mom said...

That is so hilarious! Of course it makes sense, however, since you never eat any fruit. Very nice of you to do the link. Cool idea! Funny about your dad, too. He doesn't know a link just like your grandpa didn't no tweet or blog.

We had a very good day. Your dad always loves it when his kids are here. Don't forget the yummy strawberry cheesecake too!

Sal said...

Great description of a pomegranate! They're hard to eat, and they stain pretty much anything they touch, in my experience. Happy birthday to your dad! I was gonna say that you're a good son for documenting his garden, but Jess beat me to it. Oh well, it's still true. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo, so detailed, so perfect. Yes, pomegranates are unique looking, but they are not alien, I assure you. Happy Birthday Mr. Mr. Manuel.

Anonymous said...

I checked out the whole set and I must say, I am jealous of those tomatoes (and the whole garden). Absolutely perfect and red. Tell your father he is free to send me his gardening secrets.

Churlita said...

I lived in Arizona when I was a kid and there were pomegranates everywhere. We used to get in so much trouble, because we'd tear them apart and throw them at each and that stuff stains like crazy.

Sebastien Millon said...

Happy birthday to your pops! I want a mini pomegranate tree, I think it's the wonderful pomegranate, that's its name.