Tuesday, December 20, 2005

VICTORY!!!



Saturday was the season ending poker tournament at my house. After a long season of many tournaments, 10 of us gathered to win the year long prize pool and the coveted player of the year title that comes complete with a trophy. What a time for the best tournament of the year! This tournament lasted about 4 and a half hours and took many twists and turns. 6 of the 10 players had the chip lead at one point, many of them after being the short stack for a while. With 5 players left, I had the lowest amount of chips. However, I battled my way back and was even in chips with Jason as we went heads up. After a foolish move by me, he had 7 times as many chips as me. Again, I battled back, took the chip lead, and at 11:30, I was the 2005 poker champion. Yes, I won a stack of money, but being the player of the year among my friends means so much more. I can't wait for the new season to start January 7th!

8 comments:

Valkyrie said...

Yay you! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats big bro...I'm happy for ya...how about you let me borrow some money?! : )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You worked hard and I'm glad it paid off.

mrvideoguy said...

LUCK! Pure Luck. See no reason to post about my third place finish cause I got no money and I got no trophy. I got no T-shirt and I won't get any love for getting the bronze medal. This will never be meant to be harsh for the people I spend my time with during cause that is all cool and grits baby. BUT, That is just so 4 hours of wasted time to find out I'm thrid best with no money and no love. Someday everyone will see my point of view. THIRD SUCKS! Rabble Rock.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about jan 7th--that is tamale day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rich for placing in the tournament...hey at least you weren't last right?

MrManuel said...

Rich doesn't really see any difference between 2nd place and last place. Poor guy...

Anonymous said...

So I'm a little behind in reading the blogs but congrats to all of you, and yes, even you Rich. You were right there with them and you spent 4 hours with good friends. That's all the love you need!