Friday, April 28, 2006

God Bless Kevin Martin and TIVO

Words cannot express my joy right now. A game winning shot at the buzzer by the kid I HATED until midseason when he started waking up and playing ball. A game that with 27 seconds to go, I felt we were going to lose. And because of the beauty of TIVO, I keep watching the shot over and over again. Watch. Cheer. Rewind. Watch. Cheer. Rewind. After years and years of game winning shots going against my favorite teams in the playoffs by Paxton, Elie, Stockton, Horry, Van Exel, and now Barry, I finally get to see one go MY way. TIVO, will allow me to watch it over and over again. Even if we lose this series, I will always have THAT shot. It doesn't make up for the toughest ones - Paxton in '93 and Horry in '02, but at least I can be at peace that they don't ALL go against me and my teams. Yes, I am teary eyed.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes that was the shot that saved the game! Kevin has come a long way. I was so happy and yelled so much in the minute following that shot I got hoarse. Oh joy! I have hope they will win Sunday, then who knows.