Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Movie news to make me giddy!!!!

A couple of very exciting movie news articles came across my desk in the last few days that I just had to share.

1. I loved Ocean's Eleven when it came out. It was just a fun movie that I have watched many times. I was jazzed to see Ocean's Twelve, and although it was an okay movie, it certainly did not live up to expectations by any means. In fact, I didn't even bother buying the DVD. Despite my disappointment, I was jazzed to hear a couple of months ago that they were going to bring back the whole cast again for Ocean's 13. Sure, the second was a semi-dude, but it is one of those movies that I will give a shot to anyway. I mean, it's worth a shot right? Well, they have just confirmed a new cast member and I can only see good things coming from this. Al Pacino as the villain that they are trying to rob? Sounds like movie goodness!!!






2. Many of you know that I am a BIG fan of the horror book I AM LEGEND. In fact, I have let many of you borrow it so you can read it as well(a fast read at about 180 pages). For YEARS, there have been rumors of them turning this book into a film. Well, actually, this would be the third time I believe it has been a film including the 70s film, The Omega Man. I have not seen the adaptations, but I heard they do not follow the book very well. Well according to joblo.com, Warner Bros. finally wants to get this done and they have hired a director and Will Smith to star as the last man on earth. Filming should begin early 2007 so we can probably expect it Summer/Fall 2007. I have been wanting this to be made for YEARS and it is good to see this is finally going to happen. I am so jazzed about this...




Alright, for those of you who made it this far, how about a contest. I am going to start with these questions on my posts simply because they are fun to do. Firts right answer gets the Manuel No-Prize. Very coveted. I'll start easy.

What actor has said these lines and in what movies? Same actor for all three flicks...

1. "Someone put me back in the fridge."
2. "Go ahead, I don't shop here."
3. "Yo, Tommy! I didn't hear no bell..."

1 pt - for the actor and for each movie. 4 pts total.

5 comments:

mrvideoguy said...

Sylvester Stallone

1. "Someone put me back in the fridge." Demolition Man

2. "Go ahead, I don't shop here."
No clue

3. "Yo, Tommy! I didn't hear no bell..." Rocky whatever I think 5

Anonymous said...

"Go ahead, I don't shop here" - The man him, Sylvester Stallone in Cobra. Good job Rich. Nice contest son!

Anonymous said...

Oops. Forgot to lay claim - that was me -- yup - only one of the best movies! Oh, and I'm excited about I Am Legend as well. That was a great book that I would love to read again. Let me borrow it - it was fast reading and it was great!

Valkyrie said...

Will Smith? In the lead role? Hmm. I always pictured someone like Alfred Molina...being the Last Man.

I'll give it a shot, though.

Oh, and for the Book Club idea, I'd want to read and review classics like I AM LEGEND or The Good Earth or 1984. For example. The book would have to be agreed up, natch.

MrManuel said...

Rich, with his lightning speed wins with 3 out of 4 points. Mom was right with the Cobra quote though.

Mom, you can borrow it any time.

Valkyrie - Yeah, the wife wasn't too thrilled with Will Smith. Alfred Molina is a good choice. Someone middle aged, white, kind of chubby. Oh well, at least it is being made..

Another contest tomorrow...