Friday, April 14, 2006

Hooked again...

I honestly never thought I would go down this path again, but I am hooked on comics again. I collected comics from around the age of 11-14 or so and then stopped because....well, I don't know why. I just stopped. However, in the past month or so, I have have started to collect again. Why? I just miss the stories. I miss the artwork. I just miss the fantasy that comes with reading about superheroes. I am 27, almost 28, but I really don't feel any shame for getting back into the comic world. Nerdy? Oh well. Childish? Whatever. It's been about a month and I do not regret it at all. I even got Jessica to read a few of them and she actually liked them(not that she would admit it). So what comics am I collecting now? Well, since you asked:
-X-Men
-Astonishing X-Men
-Uncanny X-men
-New Avengers

Wow, that is a lot of different X-Men titles, but then again, there are a lot of different characters. So I am back in the groove, reading on the internet what has happened in the comic world since I stopped oh so many years ago, and eagerly awaiting a cross title storyline called Civil War that begins next month. Is this just a fad for me? Probably not. But then again, you never know.

Jess has a new post below as well in case you missed it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hi there. I guess you've been busy reading comic books and haven't had time for much posting.
Glad to see you are enjoying your comics again. I saw Jess's posting and commented. Was hoping to see her Sunday but I hear she is working. See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Ya know what it's ok that you are a nerd because I'm a nerd and I'm proud of it!
Is it because we're Gemini's maybe...I still love ya bro I think we're the coolest and best looking nerds out there!
Mike even told me that I'm a nerd but I'm a damn sexy one!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Cassie, may I please refer you to a post entitled "A Grammar Lesson," which I originally posted February 26th, 2005. Because you are the world's cutest sister-in-law and I love you, I'll let your mistake slide THIS TIME.

And as for the comics Manuel, well, you know what I have to say about that, Mr. it will only cost $10 each month, wait, I need to get this one and that one too. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Whatefer...thanx teecher Jesica; do I HAF 2 sta afta skool:

Anonymous said...

on another note there have been plenty of times that you guys have spelled things wrong but I won't go there AND YES I AM CUTE!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Cassie, if you wanna start this, it's on...

First of all, the spelling mistakes you referred to were things not caught by spell check. I ALWAYS spell check my posts before I post them.

Your boo boo was a GRAMMATICAL error, a lesson learned in 4th grade, so yes, miss smarty pants, you DO have to stay after school.

And I was being nice, saying I was going to let it slide, but now, the gloves are off, little sister.

And Mom, THIS is yelling. Cassie has officially received the wrath of Jessica. That one you referred to was NOTHING compared to this...

And if you guys think I'm serious, I have beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

Anonymous said...

No fair Jessica!!! I need to sell property in Arizona way more than you do! =)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That's REALLY funny, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Jess I'm not scared of your wrath!
I may be small, but I pack a mean punch...bring it on sister!

Valkyrie said...

Yes! Update your site with what's rocking the Marvel Universe.

So...rock on with your bad self.