Sunday, May 28, 2006

All Alone

Manuel left for Vegas with the boys this morning. His ride came to pick him up at 930am. Since I worked last night, we hung out until about 915am, then he tucked me in bed and we said goodbye.

I slept the majority of the day, got up, got ready and went to work. It was slow, so I volunteered to go home - I have plans for tomorrow and sleeping all night will be better than not.

So I'm sitting here, looking at websites, and I hear my cell phone ringing to Manuel's ring tone - The Simpsons. He's calling me! I run to catch the phone and sure enough, my sweet love is on the other end. I play yell at him for calling - Vegas is roaming, thus $0.50 a minute, and you know what he says? "I just wanted to tell you that I love you." I could hear his friends in the background, and normally he keeps the love stuff on the down low in front of his friends, but here he was, out with the guys for a weekend in Vegas and he calls to tell me he loves me.

I didn't realize how much I missed him until I heard his voice. It really filled my heart and made me happy talking to him. I smiled the whole time I was on the phone, and even for a few minutes after we hung up.

I love that boy SOOOOOO much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a nice couple. I'm so happy for both of you. Love and hugs :-)

Anonymous said...

He's a good one, eh? He always was!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for loving him! He's a keeper! I kinda like him too!