Thursday, May 11, 2006

A celeb who gets it! FINALLY!!!

I agree the paparazzi can sometimes get out of hand. They can stalk celebs to the point of being dangerous, but I believe the large majority of them just want a picture so they can sell. Most are very harmless pics. But many celebs freak out and cover up their faces when leaving a restaurant, club, etc. Who is it hurting. Some even grab the cameras and destroy them. This seems to be happening a lot. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who was in Bend it Like Beckham and is now in MI3, seems to get it though. Here is what he had to say:

"You're putting yourself out there in the public eye and selling what's essentially your personality. So if the public buys you for twelve bucks in a movie and pays for popcorn, well, you feel you own a little bit of that person. So when people then become famous and go, 'Oh God, I hate the press; God, I hate the paparazzi,' I'm like, 'Dude, it's not as if you didn't fucking beg for it.' Really! I've spent ten years working my arse off so I can't in my heart of hearts be one of those guys going, 'Hey man, no fucking photographs man, I'm an artist.' If I'm on set and a paparazzo comes up, I'm like, 'Hey, take your shot, if you get 300 bucks, good luck to you.' I couldn't imagine anyone paying 300 pence for a photo of me, but if they can have a job from doing that, great."

Bravo Johnathan, bravo!!!

I don't watch American Idol, but apparently, Chris getting kicked off was a big shock last night. He seems surprised too in this pic.







Here is my first For Sale sign which is now up. Now I just need to get the thing sold so I can concentrate on finding the clients a new home.






Movie Trivia:
1.You ate SAND?

2.You've been around a lot of corpses. Is that normal?

3.Put... the bunny... back... in the... box.

4 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Nicholas Cage.
1. Raising Arizona - only the most quotable movie ever!
2. ?
3. Con Air

Boo yeah, Rich! Boo yeah!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see your picture and the sign! Oh Joy! Hope you sell it soon. It looks like a nice property.
As for celebs and the press. Some just generate more mayhem than others, and it can be scary. Different personalities deal with the stress differently but you are right, they asked for it and should be prepared whenever they go out, your picture will be taken. Deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Yet again, I was stumped. I wouldn't know the answers if it wasn't for Jessica:)

I am also happy to see you with your first "for sale" sign! We're all(the family)so proud of you!

I think that famous guy is right on! I think celebs ought to worry when folks can't stand their face anymore, right, Mom(Nani)?

Furthermore, I think that royalty(say Princess Diana) and others in a public office have the right to be annoyed with the paparazzi, and should be able to get away from them without having to die to do it.

And you know what! I can't stand Tom Cruise's face anymore, either!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»