Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Birthday update

Had a wonderful time in Vegas, but never have I felt so old before. Even though most of the guys are older than me, they are also mostly single. They always were in party mode and it just drained the crap out of me. It was like a nonstop party. I need more sleep than 530am-1030am(?!?!?) on Sunday morning and 4-7 am on Monday morning. By the time I got home at 11am on Monday, I was dead. However, as little energy as I had, I still went straight to the movies from the airport with Jess to see X-Men3. LOVED IT!!! Loved seeing all these characters although they still left out Gambit. Bastards! Maybe in the next one....and you know there will be one. Got some $$$ and gift certificates so I was able to pick up some great resin figures today at the store. Here are some pics...






I also have on order this new DVD set for your computer that has every Uncanny X-Men comic ever made to read on your computer. Only $40 bucks so I also ordered an Avengers set today with some money I got in the mail today. Looking forward to those!

Movie trivia: Last weeks mystery Will Smith quote was from Enemy of the State.

In honor of all this comic news, something different today. Each quote is from a different movie based on a comic. Name the movie and the comic character who says the quote...

1. Does it ever wake you in the middle of the night? The feeling that one day they will pass that foolish law or one just like it and come for you? And your children?

2.Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?

3.You're making me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad you had fun even though you didn't get enough sleep.
I don't know #1 and #2. I'm not much of a super hero fan but #3 has to be....
The Hulk
Doesn't Adam Sandler say that the Click too?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

1) Magneto to Professor Xavier in X-Men.

2) Someone to Spiderman in Spiderman.

3) Bruce Banner in the Hulk.

Anonymous said...

#2 Green Goblin to spiderman.
A DVD WITH ALL THE X-MEN COMICS!!
ONLY $40!! Where did you get this?

MrManuel said...

You guys are good. Kudos to Jenn for finishing it off....

I got the CD/DVD from Amazon.com. Can't wait to get it...

Anonymous said...

Old man! Glad to see you spent your birthday money on something you enjoy! That's what birthday money is all about. Love you!