Thursday, May 25, 2006

Season Finales

Two exciting finales this week. Let's start with 24. Pretty exciting. Pretty much happened how I would thought except for the end. This is the first season we have watched so I don't know the whole story behind the Chinese, but I knew enough to know that when they took off their masks at the end, I knew I was supposed to say, "Oh shit!" Should be an exciting season next year and I am anxious to see where it goes. My only complaint was that they did not kill Chloe. We HATE her and I hope she dies a violent death soon!












Lost finished last night and again it was a trip. Yeah, it answered so many questions, but it just replaced them with others. Still, a great show and again, it will be a long summer waiting for this show to come back. I have heard rumors that this show is only going to be three seasons long so if that is the case, the end really started it on that path.

Jess and I saw Da Vinci Code last Friday. Pretty good movie. We both read it a few years ago, and recently bpth reread it to refresh our memories. For a movie, it was pretty entertaining. It had differences from the book, but overall, I just wanted to be entertained and my goal was met. Lot of people seem to hate the movie adaptation, but it would have been very hard to totally get it right from the book. I'm ok with the final product. Now bring on Angels and Demons which is an even better book. We passed on Poseidon from my list of Summer movies. We'll just NetFlix it instead. This week is X-Men 3, but with Jess working and Vegas this weekend with the boys, I don't think I will get to see until my birthday on the 29th. Oh well.

Trivia - Not very many answers from the last one. It was Tom Hanks and the first quote was from Toy Story. The 2nd was from That Thing Uou Do and the third was from Saving Private Ryan.

Today's:
1.Now back up, put the gun down, and get me a pack of Tropical Fruit Bubblicious.

2.It just be raining black people in New York.

3.You're the only woman for me. You and Janet Jackson.

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Will Smith. #1 is from Bad Boys. #2 is from ? #3 is from Hitch?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

And yes, Chloe should have died. Those faces she makes make me want to punch them right off her. And her voice/the way she talks... So monotone and without feeling. Hopefully the Chinese will kill her instead of Jack, who also gets on my nerves with his hero-ness, but that's the show. This next season, I'm going to keep a running tally of how many people Jack single-handedly kills.

And Lost, yeah, a lot of it was cleared up, but the end - what did that woman have to do with it? Did she know where Desmond was the whole time? And what's going to happen to Jack and Sawyer and Kate? Is summer over yet?!

And Da Vinci Code. I have too much to say about it so let's leave it at: the book is WAY better.

mrvideoguy said...

Will Smith

1.Now back up, put the gun down, and get me a pack of Tropical Fruit Bubblicious.

Bad Boys

2.It just be raining black people in New York.

Men in Black

3.You're the only woman for me. You and Janet Jackson.

Independence Day

MrManuel said...

#3 is not correct....

Anonymous said...

We saw DaVinci on Friday too! I feel the same way. I read the book and the movie was a little different, but it was entertaining and that was all I wanted from it.
We saw Poseidon. Good entertainment but not a great movie at all.
I love LOST! It keeps you going from week to week and I am really looking forward to the new season. That woman is in love with Desmond and her dad is against it. She is very wealthy and has employed those two guys to look for him. I knew Henry was a leader of the Others! He says they are "The Good Guys". What! Jack, Kate, and Sawyer will escape. Michael and Walt will come back to the island like Desmond did. I love LOST!