Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This and that....

A whole lot of stuff on my mind this morning while I sit at work hoping the phone will actually ring on my floor time.

Jess and I saw Mission Impossible III on Monday afternoon. Yeah, everybody including us is tired of Tom Cruise, but this was pretty much a must see movie. We were definitely not disappointed. In fact, I really dug the second one and this new one kicked the second one's ass. This one had wall to wall action that kept you on the edge of your seat from the very first frame. Sure, it won't win any Oscars, but if you want to be entertained for 2 great hours, you have to go see this movie. First movie of the summer season did not bring me any disappointment. I will give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars(I LOVE action movies, but it is rare I will give any pure action movie the full 5 stars).


So the Kings essentially fired Adelman on Tuesday. Nobody can really say this was a surprise. I am not one to put all the blame on a coach because he isn't the one out there on the court. However, the mentality of a team is the responsiblity of a coach and I don't think he brought the right one night in and night out. He was a good coach, but I am all for going in a new direction now and then. They did that when they traded Peja, Webber, etc. Let's see what some new blood on the pine can do. Yes, Adelman got more of a bad rap that he deserved, but I can't callt his a bad thing.

Monday evening, Sony unvelied the price and release date for Playstation 3. Well, it looks like on November 17, people are going to have to kick out $599 for it(There is a lesser model that will be available for $499, but it looks like it is pretty useless.) Now, that price is just absurd. I really want, one but can I justify that? The bad thing is, my Playstation 2 is on the way out and is very difficult to get to work. I pretty much need a new system soon. I am going to have to do more investigation on how good the PS3 really is. But if I do buy it, looks like it will have to be from Besy Buy on their wonderful no interest for 18 months plan. God bless Best Buy! Screw you Sony!!!

Nobody got the second quote by Val Kilmer in the last quote contest. It was from easily his best role - Tombstone!!!

Quote contest(although this doesn't mean you can't respond to any of the above either):

1.No it felt real good, thanks for bringing that up, man. Hey, my parents died when I was ten, would you like to talk about that?

2.If I saw myself dressed like that, I'd have to kick my own ass.

3.And I like Vicki, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 is from the Waterboy. I know that movie by heart!

Anonymous said...

# 1 is The wedding singer. Right!

mrvideoguy said...

Adam Sandler

Wedding singer
Happy Gilmore
Waterboy. :)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I knew the quotes too, but damn it, Rich beats me AGAIN. Damn night shift, making me sleep all day so I can't play in the quoe game...

Anonymous said...

Ofcourse that is Adam Sandler, in the Waterboy! Yeaaaay! I got one! (That's some quality trivia!)

About that Adelman guy; Channel 13 interrupted Montel with "breaking news" which was just his press conference. I was pissed!

Valkyrie said...

I really don't want to see MI 3. I'm boycotting Tom Gay Cruise.

Sorry!

Anonymous said...

We went to see MI3 on Sunday. There were very few people in the theater. I was suprised. It was a very entertaining movie with action in almost every scene. However, Tom's face makes me sick and it was difficult to ignore as he is in the entire movie. I've never been a fan but many of the movies he is in are "must see". Being a movie fan, I just gotta go see.
I'm not sad to see Rick Adleman go. He has had a good run but buh, bye. Hope we get someone who knows how to close a game out.

MrManuel said...

Good job guys, all of you. Especially Rich who once again knew all three.

Allison, you were pissed for interrupting Montel? I didn't even know that guy was still on the air!!!