Friday, June 02, 2006

Free Money

I got a call from my boss at work a few days ago. She said she was embarassed to tell me this, but Human Resources never got the paperwork notifying them that I took my boards. So all this time, HR had me as an RN-IP, working under an interim permit that is good for 6 months or until I pass (or do not pass) my boards. My IP started 6/04, when I started working, and was due to expire 6 months later, 12/04. Well, I took my boards in 9/04 and passed, thus nullifying my IP and becoming a REAL nurse, and I've been working like that ever since.

Only, like I said above, HR never got that info (which REALLY gives me faith in our HR department, working under a licence that expired over a year and a half ago and nobody caught on to it...) But the good news is, and I did not know this, there is a pay difference between IP and real RN status, which I have not been receiving since 9/04 - 21 months! So yours truly is apparently going to get a check for retro pay, paying me 21 months worth of IP and RN pay difference. I don't know exactly how much the difference is, but regardless, it's like getting free money!

Now we can get those hardwood floors! Score!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess it's good that they finally figured that out. Good for you!! I guess it can be good thing to have a silly HR dept. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! that kind of mistake is always a good thing! But like you said, you passed and it was just a simple pay issue. What about the person who might not have passed and is practicing out there on patients without a license. Congrats on your free money!

Anonymous said...

That happened to me at my work. They figured something wrong and after almost 2 years they corrected it. I got back pay. It was great! HR can be silly anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!! Money, money, money! Those are always good days when you get lots of unexpected money!