Thursday, June 29, 2006

World Cup and Quote Quiz

Quarterfinals begin tomorrow so how did I do in the round of 16?
Germany v Sweden - Germany - correct
Argentina v Mexico - Argentina - correct
England v Ecuador - England - correct
Portugal v Holland - Portugal - oops, I picked Holland
Italy v Australia - Italy - correct
Ghana v Brazil - Brazil - correct
France v Spain - France - oops, I picked Spain(underachievers again)
Ukraine v Switzerland - Ukraine - oops, I picked Switzerland


So here is how the quarters shape up:
Argentina v Germany - I have no idea who to pick. Argentina has looked solid the whole time, while Germany keeps looking better and better. Can Germany ride this momentum even more? I don't know. They have a good chance. I am going to still go with Argentina but if I am wrong, I won't be surprised.

Italy v Ukraine - Ukraine's offense has only looked good in one game whil Italy has a strong defense. Sounds like a win for Italy to me. 1-0 maybe, but still a win.

England v Portugal - England still doesn't look that good and yet, they have made it to the quarters. Can this keep up against a good Portugal team. Honestly, I think England has one more surprise suckout win in them. England wins in penalty kicks.

France v Brazil - 2 games ago, we weren't even sure that France would get out of the group stage. Now they have a chance to upset Brazil. If France gets something behind their shots, they csn win as Brazil's defense is shaky. France will have to score as Brazil's offense is solid. Still Brazil wins. Unfortunately...

Quiz time, name the actor and movies he says these in:

1. "From now on I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it. So run you cur. And tell the other curs the law is coming. You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!"


2. "Okay, I get the picture White Tigers, Lords of Death, guys in funny suits throwing plastic explosives while poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake, huh? Sure, okay, I see Charlie Chan, Fu Manchu and a hundred howlin' monkey temples, and that's just for starters, right? Fine! I'm back! I'm ready, goddammit let me at 'em!"

3. "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt Russell - Tombstone, Big Trouble in Little China and I don't remember the name of the third one but we saw. Love Kurt Russell.

Anonymous said...

Kurt Russell - Miracle!

Unknown said...

Pretty spot on predictions. Germany won. Not surprising.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that after tomorrow each one of us will or should have one team left. I have Italy, Jessica has Germany, dad should have England because I think they will win over Portugal, and you will have Brazil, because they will beat France. This has been a great World Cup that I am sad to see winding down.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Yeah, it is cool how even it has turned out. We all have an equal chance at the money!