Saturday, June 24, 2006

Let's check those predictions

Ok, the round of 16, the elimination round starts tomorrow, well, actually in 6 hours since it is 130 in the morning. Let's check my predictions on who would be in it against what actually happened.

Group A - I said Germany and Poland advance - actually Germany and Ecuador
Group B - I said England and Sweden advance - CORRECT
Group C - I said Argentina and Holland advance - CORRECT
Group D - I said Portugal and Mexico advance - CORRECT
Group E - I said Italy and USA - actually Italy and Ghana
Group F - I said Brazil and Croatia - actually Brazil and Australia
Group G - I said France and Switzerland - CORRECT, but in reverse rder
Group H - I said Spain and Ukraine - CORRECT

Not too bad. Let's see the matchups with predictions
Second Round
Germany v Sweden - Germany
Argentina v Mexico - Argentina
Italy v Australia - Italy
Switzerland v Ukraine - Switzerland
England v Ecuador - England
Portugal v Holland - Holland
Brazil v Ghana - Brazil
Spain v France - Spain

Quarters
Germany v Argentina - Argentina
Italy v Switzerland - Italy
Holland v England - England
Brazil v Spain - Spain

Semis
Argentina v Italy - Argentina
England v Spain - Spain

Finals - Argentina v Spain - Argentina

Got a few controversial picks, but just going on gut from what I have seen so far. We'll see. Bedtime...

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

130AM?!?!?!? Party animal! When the cat's away, the mice will play, huh? You little bachelor.

MrManuel said...

Poker can sometimes go late. Hey, when you double your $$$, you don't mind...

Anonymous said...

Mexico will beat Argentina and Mexico will go to the finals.

Anonymous said...

Not bad! I have to still root for Spain, Holland, or Italy. Those are the only three I have left in our pool. Dad still has five - England, France, Ukraine, Ghana, and Mexico. Not bad. I just don't want Brazil to win. Sorry, sweetie, but without Brazil I don't think you'll have a chance. Jess still looks good. I'm with Jess - you are the bachelor when the cat's away! But what is she doing while away?!?!?!?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mom - This trip, while I was away, I was crying about my 99 year old great grandmother being in the hospital and having to go through major surgery... I was definetly NOT having fun...

Anonymous said...

I hope your great grandma is better now Jess.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I know dear - I was just trying to have some fun, just like you. You know I love GG.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I know.