Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Civil War

I got back into comics recently because I heard that there was a storyline coming out called Civil War that sounded interesting. Through 2 issues, I have to say that I made an amazing decision to start reading again. The storyline has been amazing. Basically, this is what is going on. Some young superheroes have a tussle with some villains which leads to an explosion and the deaths of hundreds of kids at a school. The public turns on heroes and demands super hero regulation - training, organization, and the topper, the unmasking of secret identities. It passes and becomes law. Naturally, not everyone agrees with this. Some heroes see it as way to make the public happy and support it. Others are clearly against it, mainly because of the secret identities thing. It puts them AND their families in danger. A bunch of heroes have now gone into hiding as vigilantes led by Captain America while the heroes who support it vow to track them down. At the end of the second issue which came out last week, the ultimate unmasking occured at a news conference set up by Iron Man and Spider Man(You can click on the pics to make them bigger):

Peter Parker's boss, Jonah Jameson, watches the press conference on tv...









Peter Parker voluntarily unmasks in front of the cameras....












Jonah Jameson faints. A classic moment in comics. Loved it. Can't wait for the next issue...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does he faint? Is he hungry? That is what he gets for being a jerk to Miss Grant.

MrManuel said...

He faints because for so many years, he has hated Spiderman. Little did he know, he(peter parker) was working for him as a photographer all this time.

Anonymous said...

That was really obvious, Mom. Shame.

Wow! What a wonderful story line! Who is writing this story? I don't get into comics, but keep us updated on this one!

Anonymous said...

I got it. I read the dialog and thought he was a jerk to the secretary Allison.

Anonymous said...

nobody should be a jerk to secretary Allison (get it!) Love ya! Keep the comic updates coming as well!

Anonymous said...

Ok, shame taken back! But Manuel thought you didn't know, either!

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I pressed enter before I could finish typing my name.

Anonymous said...

Cuzin "ALL" Ha Ha! Were do get all these things. Dang!

Anonymous said...

I have a dry humor. Nobody gets me except my sis.
Thanks for backing me up Sis. ;-)
I'm interested in the storyline Manuel. Keep us posted.

The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is a great storyline. I wasn't aware that was going on. I'll have to do a little reading now.

Thanks for leaving a comment. To sign up for the summer of compliments all you had to do was put a comment saying "I'm in". Then start complimenting others.