Monday, June 19, 2006

Running out of time...

My job is killing me! No matter how hard I try, things just aren't clicking right now. I mean, I do what they ask me to, I try to stay busy, but the $ is just not coming in. I'm tired of things falling through for me and watching others who started at the same time as me start to get deals. I am not doing anything differently than them. They tell me that. Well, one lady just has a ton of friends who suddenly want to buy and sell, but I don't see that happening for me right now. I have my listing right now, but that still hasn't sold and it is frustrating. The overabundance of houses for sale and the way the market is right now is just killing me. I picked a career change at the absolute worst possible time. I talked to an experienced agent the other day and she said it has been the worst 6 months of her career. How is a new agent like me going to survive like that? If I could sell my listing it would be great because I will be getting 2 deals out of it. They tell me that they understand that I am doing all I can so at least I have that going for me. But they have given me until the end of July to sell it. Basically, I have 6 more weeks to sell it or I lose 2 deals. And if I lose them? Well, I could get lucky and pick up some more buyers in the meantime, but my luck hasn't gone that way yet. Jessica and I have basically given ourselves till the end of the Summer for this Real Estate thing. I love my job, she loves that I am happy, but we can't live with no paycheck from me. I only need about 8 deals in a year to make what I did as a teacher. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it isn't going that way for me. And then what do I do? Well, I guess I have to find another job. I don't know what. I don't want to go back to teaching. I hated teaching. I guess I could get a state job. I just don't want to end up in some job that they will give to anyone with a high school diploma. I have a college degree from a good school. It would kill me to waste it. I don't know where to begin. I could always do Real Estate part time when deals happen, but that would require me switching companies as my office doesn't allow part timers. Who knows, maybe I will find the perfect job. I think I have the perfect job right now. Just not the perfect timing. Well, I guess we will see in a few more months.

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

You know I support you 110% and I want nothing more than for you to be happy because I know what it was like when you weren't. I don't want you to quit real estate because I think you could be very successful at it when the market turns. We'll figure it out, we always do.

Anonymous said...

Son, it kills me to hear and see you depressed about your job. I know it is frustrating, and yes, I think it is the absolute worst time, but that is not your fault. Everyone asks me how you are and how you are doing and my standard reply is always, worst time, wishes he was making money, but he loves what he is doing. They all agree, too, that most importantly, that is what is important. As far as another job, I don't know what you could do. Maybe you and Cassie could start something. That would be fun. You guys should put your heads together. Of course, that takes money but maybe something could work out. You love this job because of the hours and flexability as well. I think it would kill you to have to give that up. I think that also made it hard when you were teaching. Jessica was off work and you had to work. Weekends you were off, but she had to work. That is tough! Well, no matter what, you know I love you and support you and so does all your family. Don't get down and frustrated, though. Hang in there, knowing that you did your best. Who would have known!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing EVERYTHING you can! You are a very demanding business. If the worse happens I can try to find you somthing here at IndyMac. I love You!!!

Anonymous said...

They say timing is everything and unfortunately right now the market is very slow. The people across the street took their sign down. No one bid on the house! No one! It isn't just you sweetie. Some of it is luck but a lot of it is just the market is bad right now. Like everything, there are highs and lows. I don't know what to say. There may be something better out there. You are young. I love you. We all do. Jenn might be able to get you something where she works. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I think, that with Jessica behind you, you could continue with "the real estate thing" for the rest of your life. Sometimes people just have to weather the tough times, and some people have to weather it without a rain coat. But you'll make it through. Don't give up because you didn't take off like a shot in your FIRST year. One day you'll look back and remark on how hard it was to start your career because of the state of the market at the time you began. Try the part-time real estate thing with another part-time job if you don't make it where you are now. If that's the case, they just gave you your start. You'll find a better company, or perhaps creat your own?

Anonymous said...

One more bit of advice; network.