Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It doesn't matter.

It was a catchy phrase a pro wrestler use to say frequently a few years ago.

"It doesn't matter."

He even turned it into a music video with Wyclef Jean, but that is not the purpose of this poetic rambling. What follows is something very simple.

A list.
It will contains things that you, the reader, probably never even thought of on this very day. Maybe in the future you will. Perhaps in the past you did. Not today though. Today this did not cross your mind. Guess what?

It doesn't matter!

1. Today a friend of yours was up all night puking from a mysterious illness. The sound of said puking was so vile, that it made those around him wanna puke.

It doesn't matter!

2. Somewhere right now a criminal is breaking into a house and destroying the hard work that someone put into said house. The TV is being stolen and the drawers in every desk are being emptied. The kitchen is being raided and left a mess. The doors are left open so that the family dog can run out and never come back.

It doesn't matter!

3. A movie is being made right now that you will eventually see in the year 2008. It will be the best movie you see that year. It will star some famous actor that you love. You will tell everyone that you saw it and you will probably blog about it somewhere just to spread the news.

It doesn't matter!

4. There is a 8-year old dribbling a basketball. It was a Christmas present and he has been carrying that thing around with him everywhere since he got it. he will be the next one cause there is always a next one. He will have a shoe named after him and everyone will know his name. And he will inspire the next 8-year old to dribble his heart away and be the next.

It doesn't matter!

5. There is a woman right now that is your age. She is stuck in a loveless marriage cause of the son that connects the two parents. She is surrounded by negativity and a family that has done nothing but suck the life out of her. If she wasn't around her husband and her family would just find some other helpless soul to leech off of. Her only source of hope is being able to give her son a good life. Her only friend through all this has just left her to go through all of this drama alone cause he could no longer help.

It doesn't matter!

6. Your neighbor just bought a new car. It is the exact color, make and model that you have been wanting to buy for the past two years, but you can't afford it. Now you have to wake up every morning and see your dream car right next to you. So close, yet so far.

It doesn't matter!

7. A new born baby just died. A innocent college girl was just raped. An elderly man just passed away in his sleep. A close friend just insulted you behind your back. A story went unwritten. A voice was left unheard. Someone just asked you for help and you didn't give it.

It doesn't matter!

The list could go on and on in full detail or in vague generalizations. Point being that no matter who you are there is something that you are not thinking about right now. Cause you are busy with work or taking care of your children or yourself. You are off doing whatever it is you do with your day and none of what I just listed is even remotely in your thoughts. Guess what?

IT'S OK

Millions of events will take place today that have nothing to do with you. You will not read about them or hear about them. You may never experience these things ever in your life. And you will still be OK. Point being that there isn't anything out there that is so horrible that you can't overcome it. There isn't anything out there so grand that you can't achieve it. There is a whole lot of grey area going on. My philosophy for the week is make the big things small and make the small things big. Flipping the script helps every now and then. Oh and guess what?

Somewhere out there there is someone that isn't reading this blog posting. They aren't getting the knowledge of an insane man passed to them via the Internet. They aren't getting a laugh out of the end of this very posting. Cause it doesn't matter. And I am fine with that.

The final paragraph is just for Cassie alone cause this is the only way I talk to her and I thought she would find this thought I had the other day interesting. So, feel free to tune out everyone else cause SEE ABOVE........If I am remembering this right you are the artistic type so maybe you will appreciate this. Of course, it has to do with Christina Aguilera. I was listening to her latest album and for some reason hearing one song popped a video idea in my head. The track, "Save Me From Myself," has basically just her and a guitar playing throughout the song. So, this is where you come in Cassie cause I only have the idea and no way to actually make the idea come to life. We can become rich kiddo. Not that she would take an idea from us to make her own video, but it's just something to pass my day so here it goes. You ever see the movie "Desperado?" There is a scene in the movie wherein the characters Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek are playing are in bed together. Banderas is sleeping I believe and Hayek is sitting at the foot of the bed singing a song to him with a guitar in her hand as well. If I recall she is playing along and singing a Spanish language song to him. You see where I am going with this? The whole video for this particular Christina Aguilera song would be shot from the POV of Banderas laying in bed looking at the Hayek character playing this song. Christina sits there with the guitar in her lap and sings the song to her man. Clothing optional. Last part was just for me, but anyways. What do ya think? Maybe you already had the idea. If she does come out with this video and it is exactly like I just describe it then you will all know who came up with it first. ME! hehe These are the types of ideas that got me accepted to Chaminade University. What could have been.

Rabble Rock people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich,
First very good post. It's weird how you don't stop to think about those kinds of things. It's true though that things like that do happen everyday though.
I'm always thinking about what celebrities are doing at the same time as me, they are in the spotlight so much that we don't realize that they are people like us.
Anyways about the video,yes I have seen Desperado and I think it's a fantastic idea for the video. Why don't we put a sexy little nightty on her though, so at least it can be seen on MTV. I like the idea of doing it from the guys perspective. We could get some great back shots of her and then spin the camera around to her front and shoot her singing to him and him watching her, but her not knowing that he is watching her. It could make for a very intimate and sweet video. We could also do flashbacks of them in happy times. I don't know the ideas are flowing... I love that song! I was going to put it on my wedding cd, for our favor, but I ran out of room! When ever I listen to songs or reading books I'm always imagining ideas for movies and videos. I did that with "Candyman" and "Nasty Naughty Boy."
Hey should we pitch the idea?

mrvideoguy said...

I'd love to pitch the idea somehow, but I wouldn't know where to take it or how to properly package it all. Somehow stalking Mrs.' Aguilera and sending her a package might get me in jail. :) and I'd love to hear your visual thoughts on those other two songs. Maybe we can figure something out.

Jose said...

Good post. I guess I could write a long comment about it but guess what? It doesn't matter.

MrManuel said...

Great, now I have that stupid song stuck in my head. Thanks.

Good post. My favorite line was the make the small things big and the big things small line. Very good. Glad to see you post again. You never answered ny question on myspace...

Battlerocker said...

Good post, though I must admit, whether it matters or not, it's fairly depressing.

Sebastien Millon said...

Yeah I agree, great post, although it is slightly depressing.

Anonymous said...

I believe that everything matters in the fabric of humanity. Even if we are not aware of events consciously, the ripple effect is there and it does affect us in some way. We are all humans on this tiny blue marble in the universe. We are connected. Our troubles and our victories add to the fabric. It all matters.