Friday, January 12, 2007

Review of Cross

I finished reading Cross the the other day so I figured I better follow it up with a review. Cross is the newest book written by James Patterson and the latest in the Alex Cross series. I'm a big fan of the books in the series including Kiss the Girls and Big Bad Wolf. It doesn't bug me like Jessica that Alex Cross always seems to single handly save the day at the end of each book. Anyways, this was a really good book. Loved it in fact. If you know anything about the Alex Cross character, you know that he has always lived with the fact that his wife was murdered and that the case was never solved. Well, in this book, new developments give clues as to who may have murdered his wife so many years ago. I'll leave it at that as I don't want to give too much away. Needless to say, with what is at stake, Cross takes a deep interest in the case at hand. If you have read any books in the Alex Cross series, definitely check this one out. Easily, one of my favorites in the series.

As an added bonus, here is my sister playing Guitar Hero. Always trying to spread the gospel....

















My wife and sis are now a band!!!

9 comments:

Battlerocker said...

I never really read that series. I think I listened to one in the car sometime on a road trip, but I don't remember thinking much of it, one way or the other. I'll have to check them out. However, I think I might agree with Jessica--I hate it when one person always magically saves the day.

Sebastien Millon said...

Never read Patterson, I think we have some of his books in the house. I'll have to check it out! Oh, I love it when a person single handedly saves the day, a la McGyver, Schwarzenegger, Stallone... yeah, classic!!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen some of the Cross movies. I love heroes that save the day! It's the american way.
Love the Rock Stars. Hi Cassie and Jessica..Rock on!

Mom said...

You know me - not a big reader! I do love certain heroes that always save the day - John McClain, Jack Bauer, Stallone, Schwarzenegger! Love your new rock band!

Jose said...

Rock on, sistas!!!

My niece has the game and I tried it, needless to say I sucked at it big time.

MrManuel said...

Battlerocker - Give it a try someday...

Seb - They are really good. And yeah, all those guys rock!

Nani - The Cross movies aren't very good compared to the books.

Mom - The rock band needs osme work.

Jose - Practice, practice...

Anonymous said...

Hey no mention that I just happened to get fourth place in the highscores....and it was my first time playing guitar hero...beginners luck I guess

MrManuel said...

Cass - I won't mention that you got 4th place in easy and we never play easy. :-)

Anonymous said...

How funny, I just finished a Patterson book as well! It's called "Honeymoon" and was full of little twists and turns along the way of getting the bad guy. I don't want to say anything else in case you read it yourself. But is was definitely worth the price of admission.