Tuesday, January 16, 2007

That show is back


American Idol is back on tv tonight. We despise this show. You know, it was kind of fun at first, but the amount of time it is on is just overkill. For two seasons, I watched it because competitions are fun. Singing is fun. But the reasons I hate the show just got too much. Too many cheesy skits hawking various products. Too much time wasting. It just drags to no end. Too much Ryan Seacrest. Too much ass kissing. Then the topper came when a good friend and her brother tried out for the show. They are awesome singers. Amazing. But when they decided to try out two years ago, they each got about 20 seconds with some random judge before they said no thanks. They couldn't get a decent tryout, but we get bombarded the first few weeks with horrible singers just trying to be stupid to get on tv. That's bullshit. It was then that I decided I wasn't watching anymore. I know that the show will continue to get good ratings as people love this stuff, but hey, it's just not for me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I couldn't agree more. I have never been a fan. I think the tryouts are horrendous and embarrassing. (I've only seen commercials for the show.)

Anonymous said...

I've watched every season and the show is fun, but I don't think I'm going to watch it this season. I'm tired of it...I still can't believe Taylor Hicks won last year. Chris Daughtry got screwed.
It also bothers me that Drea and her brother didn't make it. They are the best singers I've ever heard. The fact that they didn't get even a slight chance makes me mad too.

MrManuel said...

Nani - You can't really say you aren't a fan if all you have seen is commercials. The tryouts are just for ratings.

Cass - Yeah, the Jones duo got robbed.

Jen -Simon is the only thing I do like. He is no nonsense and means what he say rather than trying to fill his comments with fluff...

Mom said...

I've had enough as well and probably won't be watching. I definitely won't be watching the first part anyway. I, too, was really upset with Drea and her brother not even getting a chance. I do agree with you son though that Simon was the most real and honest person on the show. I usually agreed with him. I'm a skeptic anyway - I think it's all fixed and they know who they want from the beginning.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Paula Abdul is on drugs.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cassie - Daughtry did get screwed. That was actually the only time I ever watched the show and never came back for seconds after I saw the quality of the winner (Hicks - I call him "The Great Flycatcher" because his mouth is always open). This show has had its "15 minutes" and I don't think it will be around much longer.

Sebastien Millon said...

Never seen the show. Too bad it's not a fair competition, doesn't surprise me, they probably pick bad people on purpose so they can rip into them later on the show...

Battlerocker said...

I didn't know that. That sucks. Takes some of the fun out of it.

MrManuel said...

Mom - Yeah, I think some of it is fixed too...

Wife - Probably

Sonja - I unfortunately think it will be around for a long time

Seb - Avoid it

Battlerocker - Never proven, but is probable.