Monday, August 25, 2008

Amador Wine Tasting

Saturday, Jess and I went wine tasting with my parents and her Dad and Stepmom to Amador County. I had never done the whole wine tasting thing and it was a very fun day. Another photo diary coming your way...


Jess getting ice cream 11 in the morning. She couldn't be happier.




Group photo at our first winery. My dad with his normal big smile!!(Or not)

My dad checking out a purchase he made.

The ladies checking out the guy pour at the second winery.

I was the designated driver for the day. Free water!!






This was at our third winery. The girl who helped us was awesome and we must have tasted for about an hour while she explained things thoroughly. We spent a lot of money there because of her.


Me and the Mrs.

My folks

The view from the 4th winery


Where it all comes from...





My beautiful wife

Our folks

Showing off their wine-stained tongues

A flower at the 5th and final winery



11 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That was such a fun day and your pictures do a great job of showing what a good time we had. I love that picture of the purple rose! You are becoming quite the photographer!

Anonymous said...

If I drank any alcohol, I bet I would have fun at a wine tasting. Everybody looks like they're having fun and it looks so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Free water, sign me up.

I like the nice close up of the grapes. It is a really great photo.

I see that your dad went to the same "smile for the camera" school my dad did.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Looks like a really funday with the parents.. I have gone wine tasting before.. We have some nice wineries up here that have very scenic surroundings..

Love the pic of you guys sticking out your tongues and the one of you and Jess..

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day. Everybody looks great! Good pictures Man.

Tara said...

Love the photo of the grapes. I can imagine how awesome they smell.

Haven't been to many wine tastings. Three, I think. One at a home & garden show, another on a cruise ship (was that us swaying, or was that the ship?) and one when we went to Amish country. I tasted dandelion wine. Very good stuff.

That ice cream looks so good. Is that sherbet?

Jose said...

Ahhh! Wine tasting. My kind of sport. Whenever we went to Solvang we used to go wine tasting.

Awesome pictorial!

Churlita said...

Wine and ice cream? Sounds like a little piece of heaven. Where's Amador County? I've been to vineyards in Sonoma and Mendocino counties before.

dmarks said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Do they have ice-cream tasting tours?

*Renee* said...

GREAT PICS! I always love looking at pics :) and getting to know fellow bloggers this way :)! Looks like you all had a smashing good time! And heck yeah - FREE WATER is always a plus! I've been to a wine place/vineyard and I don't drink any alcohol - but at this place they had some rockin great PROVOLONE cheese :) and roasted red peppers. My ADD kicked in' and food is where my brain turns too :)!

Mom said...

Hey, just send me all the pictures and I'll decide from there the keepers. It was a fun day!