Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Do NOT Fuck with me....

Earlier today, I received a telemarketer call on my work line. I put myself on the Do Not Call list 2 weeks ago so I decided to ask the person, "Why are you calling me if I am on the Do Not Call List?' His response - "Because you are a FAGGOT!" and he hung up on me. I went straight to the Do Not Call website only to learn you have to be on 30 days before you can report them. Still infuriated though, I tried calling the number back to speak to a manager. No luck, the number didn't work. I did a reverse phone search and found out who their phone provider was, but they couldn't give me the name of the company right away. They said they had to research the number and I could call him back directly tomorrow.

Frustrated, I tried some more options. Finally, I found a website where people report telemarketer phone numbers and where they originate from. I found out that the company who called me was American Credit Counselors and they gave their direct number. I called them back, reported the guy to a manager who apologized profusely, and said he would do something about it once he looks up the outgoing call log and listens to the recorded phone call. Hopefully, that guy has what is coming to him. Do NOT fuck with me....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job, someone needs to do something about those annoying and in your case, idiot, callers...

Persistence pays off and hopefully this person is relieved of their duties as a telemarketer.

AlienCG said...

That was incredibly rude of him. I hope he loses his job for that. Keep up the good work.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Question:
I'm...
a) appalled
b) shocked
c) angry
d) proud
e) laughing

Answer:
All of the above!

I'm shocked and appalled that guy said that. I'm angry you were spoken to that way. I'm proud you didn't take it. I'm laughing that that guy is going to get what's coming to him. Karma, baby! Should have thought about it before he said it!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I had someone call me back once because I REFUSED to answer their questions.. I was unable to call back as the number didn't work for me.. But I just don't answer those calls anymore sincce I have call display.. I'm surprised that he would do somethng like that.. How rude.. Hope he gets what's coming..

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That guy needs to find another line of work. I hope he'll be looking soon.
At work I answer about 90% of the calls that come in. Every day I get those robotic calls! "We've been trying to reach you". or "This is your second notice". I hang up but wish there was something I could do to stop them.

Churlita said...

That same thing happened to a guy I know. He got a call at work from some telemarketer who started swearing at him when he asked to be put on the do not call list. I'm sure it's a sucky job, but I'd rather flip burgers (and have) rather than harass people for a living.

Tara said...

I can't believe someone had the nerve to do that! How incredibly rude! Good for you for reporting him.

Jose said...

So sorry that happened to you but... I just had to laugh because the circumstance sounded comical. These SOBs think they can get away with it because most people won't botter checking or pursuing the issue.

*Renee* said...

What a dumb*f@ck!!! WOW, he should be fired immediately & I'm glad you reported him!

Mom said...

Wow! Good job Son! I'm glad you were persistent! Let that be a lesson!

MrManuel said...

All - Thanks for backing me up and not saying I took it too far!

Anonymous said...

For a couple months, I got calls from someone who seemed a bit senile. I'd answer the phone, and they would ask for "Janet". When I told them it was a wrong number, they'd yell out a string of obscenities and hang up. Eventually, I *69'd them. After answering, they asked for "Janet", yelled a string of obscenities and hung up. Janet eventually found out about my phone stalker, because the calls stopped after she picked up the phone to find out who they were calling asking for Janet.