Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hodge Podge

Just some random things going on in my life...

I got a few new Muggs since I last posted. A couple of people on the post seemed confused on the size. Truth be told, they are actually not super small. They are around as tall as a DVD case, maybe a teeny bit smaller, but not really THAT small. I LOVE them!









Since it is Tuesday Tag day on Evil E's blog, I thought I would post a picture I saw on the side of my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. How rude! Never actually seen graffiti done in crayon!




I drove past this place yesterday. Now this is physical therapy I could get behind!!!





Last Saturday night, we had our third progresisve dinner with my folks and Jessica's folks. This time we were in charge of appetizers.


Jess made cheddar bacon puffs which were awesome.


She also made this apple treat which was apples in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar served over white cheddar cheese.


This is a pic of the full spread. I love this pic.



My parents made fish and chips from scratch for the first time which was very cool. They even bought the little baskets that you use to serve them in. In addition, we had fresh clam chowder in a bread bowl. We hadn't served the chips yet in this picture.



Finally, Jessica's parents did an ice cream sundae spread. There were 4 kinds of ice cream and all kinds of toppings. I wish I wasn't so full and I could have had more!



It was all yummy but I felt bad the whole time as well. I have been working really hard on my weight since I got my Wii fit for my birthday. Since June 2, I have lost 13.2 pounds - well, as of before the progressive dinner. I gained some with the dinner, but I am certain I will get it back off. I haven't exercised and been good with my food in this way for a while. I am the lightest I have been in over 2 years which is nice and rewarding!

9 comments:

dmarks said...

The crayon graffiti means that the gang problem has REALLY gotten out of control in your area, and it has come to the point there there are toddler gangs on the streets.

Anonymous said...

Three years old roving the streets and drawing pictures of Harry Carey caricatures on walls...that is great, good looking on that one.

Physical therapy that would involve burgers sounds good to me...I would even go without a problem that would require therapy.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

If I w
needed therapy I would want Burger to do it.. That sounds like a really nice time with the in-laws.. And it looks yummy too.. I'm sure you work out with the Wii again and congrats on the weight loss..

Jose said...

With gas prices the way the are taggers can't afford spray paint, I guess the best next thing is a box of crayons. lol

Man your post made me hungry and it's only 8:00 a.m. as I am reading this. The table looked great and the menu sounded awesome.

Cool pictures too!

Churlita said...

God job on the weight loss. I hope you feel healthier. But that food? That food looks so good that it would make me gain 20 lbs. I have no self-control.

Anonymous said...

Hahahhaaha, crayola graffiti. Yes, very rude. But somehow extremely comical.

The dinner idea sounds like a lot of fun. I may bring that up at our next family ho-down

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ive just called over from Laura place. I thought I'd wish you good luck in your first game of the season... being a Newcastle fan, I'm used to disappointment. (I have hope though!)
I managed to get two tickets though, in the Man U end! No doubt we won't have to surpress our cheers... or will we?
Good luck!

laura b. said...

Wow, your progressive dinners are amazing! I think one of those meals would be all the therapy I'd need :-)

Mom said...

The crayola grafitti is funny. Can't say I've ever seen grafitti done in crayon.

To all you out there - progressive dinners are the best. Especially the way we make sure it is something out of our normal "box". Since it is done every three months we have a lot of time to think. It's been very fun and we all really look forward to it. What Manuel didn't say is that this next go around is the guys turn! I think it's going to be fun!