Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Contest Results!

Well, my contest to come up with the best email urban legend is officially over and I have your results. I had a grand total of TWO entrants. Yes, I know pretty disappointing. Last time I ran a contest I also only had two entrants so I think I am done with contests on my blog. Fortunately, the two entrants I did receive were wonderful! As there were only two entrants, I will declare both the winners and make them eligible for the prize. Evil E and Laura, if you would like my CD of really angry music, you can email me your address.

For the rest of my readers, here are the entries I received.

First, from Laura...


SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU CARE ABOUT!!!

Warning, especailly to women...DO NOT use colored toilet paper! The dye used in it is NOT good for you and could even be HARMFUL!

Remember when you found out about Red Dye #40 in your food? They use something very simlar in toilet paper, so you need to be especailly careful about the pink paper. It contains cancer causing elements that can build up in your system over time. They are absorbed into your membranes when wiping.

I know it seems crazy, but the manufacturers consider the risk small. WHY TAKE THE CHANCE?

BE A FRIEND AND PASS THIS ON!!!



Seriously, if this got passed on, I guarantee, at least half the people who read it would stop using colored toilet paper. People are that gullible! Good job Laura!

Next, on to Evil E...

PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL AND PASS IT ON TO FRIENDS< FAMILY, AND COWORKERS. Someone’s life depends on it!!!!

In the last couple of months there has been a rash of unsolved murders in the Greater Cleveland Area. These murders have been occurring in all areas of the region and have been happening to members of all demographic groups. The Cleveland Police are remaining tight-lipped about the situation, but some rumors have leaked out about the cases. Please see the details below.

It seems that some of the cases have a common thread involved. The common thread is an email that goes something like this:

If you have a heart you will help little Samuel. Little Samuel’s parents were tragically killed in a car accident and he now is in the care of his very poor and destitoot grandmother Delilah. Delilah loves little Samuel (little Sammy as she calls him) but does not have the financial werewithall to provide him with the good life he deserves. Here is a photo of the little guy, can’t you spare just a little to help him out, please?


[Evil E posted a picture here, but I couldn;t figure out how to copy a picture from a Word doc to use elsewhere. Weird...]

Little Samuel can keep smiling like this through the generosity of just a few people. If you can spare even a dollar or two it would be greatly appreciated. Little Samule will thank you, his poor granny will thank you, and your rerward will be great once you get to heaven.

Please send your email address to
helplilsam@yahoo.com. Someone will be in contact with you concerning your anticipated donation. We thank you in advance for your generosity.

It seems that a couple of kind hearted people were generous enough and fool enough to give their help to little Samuel. In a few of the cases it seems that the people did contact the email address. It can be assumed that some sort of information was given to the “helplilsam” foundation. Apparently the kind folks got a big reward when they got to heaven a little sooner than anticipated. They were murdered. No other details of the pending cases have been leaked or disclosed. For information on this, please contact
realkiller@gmail.com we will send you the latest updates on these cases. Please pass this to several of your friends so the word can be spread and the “helplilsam” killers can be brought to justice.

Brilliant sir, and the pic, despite me not being able to get it off the doc was a very nice added touch.

Good job you two and thanks so much for partcipating. You two did a great job! I could see both of these making the rounds and people believing them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to join the contest. My brain just locked up and I didn't want to embarass myself...does having medical procedures count as distraction from creativity?

Anonymous said...

I liked the contest and was glad to participate in it. I am honored to have tied for first. Does the angry music CD feature Celine Dione? I know she makes me angry...how about John Mayer?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I tried to come up with something , but when it came time to write.. I had writers block.. I feel bad for not participating.. Hopefully this isn't the last contest you host...

Tara said...

I can see why these won! Congrats Evil-E and Laura!

laura b. said...

Yay! It was fun participating. I would love to get your angry music CD, if you really don't mind sending it...I will e you my address. Thanks!

Mom said...

I really thought long and hard and came up blank. I loved both of the stories. They both were so real! Don't stop the contests. One of these days, I swear, I'll be clever enough to join.