Thursday, June 04, 2009

Bad Weather, Bad Spelling

Wow, did we ever experience a storm last night! There wasn't a whole lot of rain, just maybe 5 minutes worth, and not a whole lot of wind, but man, we got a TON of lightning and thunder. We must have spent an hour outside just listening to the thunder and watching the lightning show. It was friggin' nonstop! I had never experienced something like that for an extended period of time. Jess asked me to try to take pictures so I happily went outside in the lightning storm with my metal object. Yeah, it is as dumb as it sounds. Anyways, I didn't get much as I have never tried lightning before, but these are the best of the ones I took.





In totally unrelated news, Jess and I drove by the following sign and luckily, we just happened to have the camera:




Now, on the other side of the sign, it DOES say Yard Sale so we assume that the person was just thinking sale as they wrote yard and got the words confused. Just to be sure, we drove by just to make sure there wasn't a sale of products from Yale University. As you can guess, it was just a normal yard sale.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome weather photos. We would get a lot of the thunder and lightning in Omaha, and some out here in Arizona. One bummer of CA is we don't have very much fun weather.

Anonymous said...

Damn Ivy Leaguers. Always changing the rules for themselves.

That is one intimidating sky. I like the pictures.

Sal said...

You're not the only one who was holding metal (i.e. a camera) in a lightning storm. However, your pictures are better than mine.

I've never understood inconsistent misspelling. If you spell it correctly on one side of the sign, you should be able to duplicate the correct spelling on the other.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Now now now, sir, don't make it sound like you were braving the elements - you were never exposed - in the house taking pictures through the open sliding glass door, then in front of the house, under the eve, then in the garage. But you DID do something dumb, unlike me - I had my slippers on, you know, my slippers with rubber bottoms. I was thinking ahead - if I'm going into a lightening storm, I'm gonna be prepared!

The pictures came out nice and I'm glad you were willing to try.

And the Yale Sale was too much. Oh how we laughed...

Mom said...

The pictures are great. Rubber soles, Jess. Very clever.

I can totally relate to the Yale Sale. I've done things like that when not thinking. I think something that big, however, I might have looked at twice, but I understand. That street looks familiar - I've seen it before.

Jose said...

It was just a gimmick to lure people like you to their yard sale. Seems like their plan worked. lol

nani said...

I love your pictures! Uncle Skip was so excited about the lightening show. Me, I was asleep through the whole thing.
The Yale sale has me excited for a sec. I've been looking for a really good Yale for awhile now. LOL!! hugs

laura b. said...

Those lightning pictures are amazing! We had our storm on Wednesday, but it was more noise than light.

Yale Sale. hee hee!

dmarks said...

Bad spelling? Makes me think of the Tori Spelling book I saw for sale the other day. The book looked to be bad.

Churlita said...

Yale Sale? Very funny.

i love thunderstorms, but we get them here all the time in the Summer. I know it's odd for you guys. Great pics.