Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16 2009 - Day 19


June 16 2009 - Day 19
Originally uploaded by pokermanuel
Man, this was a REALLY hard shot for me. It has a lot of things that made it difficult This was in the laundry room so there was very low light. Not only was there low light, but in order to get the movement of the spinning ball, I had to slow the shutter speed down. Too fast and I wouldn't get the movement of the ball. So, with that being said, low light and slow shutter speed, any movement at all by me or by Orko would render the whole picture blurry as hell. After over 100 shots, this is the one that came out the best. Not perfect, but it was mostly what I was going for: spinning ball, still dog watching. Could have been better, but not at this point in my skills yet.

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Wow. That's an awesome picture. You're lucky we have the world's most patient dog! And the patience on your part... It paid off, this picture is great!

Mom said...

How long does 100 shots take. I know how long it took you when you were taking pictures of Duquesa. Orko is definitely a good subject because he is so patient. I can't really tell the ball is spinning with the color but it could just be my eyes. How did it look in color?

Sal said...

Wow! A hundred shots? That is dedication. And I agree with Jess - you are lucky to have such a patient and cooperative dog! Another great shot.

nani said...

Oh I'm so glad you took a picture of Orko. I almost suggested that because of the pictures of Leia and Duquesa. Try to get a picture of Logan.

Churlita said...

That's some dedication to an ultimately awesome photo. Good job.

Jose said...

Pretty artistic stuff you coming out with.

Sebastien Millon said...

Good job! you are really serious about the photos, seems like you are learning quite a bit as well.

MrManuel said...

Mom - It's your eyes