Monday, March 26, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #2

#5 - I have job news, but I can't tell you yet for fear of jinxing it. Don't worry though, the news breaking is close. It pisses me off that I can't tell you yet.

#4 - More Kings crappy play this week. I tell ya, it is good the season is almost over. Pray for a good draft pick.

#3 - The Kings had a big win yesterday. Wait a second, why is this on the list if they won? Simple - it shows what they are capable of from time to time. Where is this play on a game by game basis? It was exciting, but painful to watch at the same time!

#2 - I played some great poker at my house on Saturday night and then just got unlucky at the end. Yeah, I got 2nd place and got $70, but the $150 first place was mine!!!

#1 - I went to the doctor's last week because I discovered a lump in my breast a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't too worried as the lump hurt and cancer generally doesn't hurt, but I went anyways. The doctor decided it wasn't anything to worry about, but he still ordered a mammogram. No, not an ultrasound. A MAMMOMGRAM. Damnit. Anyways, I take that test today. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Mammogram! Ouch. Hope all goes well. At least now you will know what women go through. (Prayers being said)
2. You can't win them all. Better luck next time.
3. Kings could do better but kind of late now.
4. Artest says he will retire. I always knew he was a lose cannon. Hope we get someone better and less volatile.
5. Can't wait to hear the job news!

Mom said...

Sorry about poker night - that's a tough loss. Everything else I know and I can hardly wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a mammogram. I really enjoy having my yearly check: it's like having your boobs tightly squeezed between two ice cold bookends.

It probably won't hurt you at all. I don't think men's chests are as sensitive as breasts.Hope it turns out to be nothing. You are very smart to have checked this out so quickly!

Maybe you would consider blogging about the mammogram experience from a man's point of view?? I would love to hear it.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Still no good things list? Even after winning the OTD championship?

I'm glad everything went ok with the mammogram. There is something intrinsically wrong about you getting a mamogram before me, but I love you anyway. I like Sonja's idea of you writing about it from a man's perspective...

Sebastien Millon said...

Good luck with the test, I hope every thing turns out ok with that.

and too bad that Kings win had to come at the expense of the Suns!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well. I might have to get a colonoscopy. It depends on what my doctor says.

I'm fine, though. Really.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Wow, Val... A violated butt or a squished boob. I'll go with the squished boob ANYDAY! Good luck with that.