Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Gameplan

I'm the kind of guy who likes to have order and some sort of gameplan at all times. The blog has been the exception as posts and the topics I write about have always come on random days. Then I started doing Fat Free Friday and it felt good. It felt good to turn on the computer on Friday and KNOW that I have something to write about. I would like most days to be like this. I want to continue this tradition with other days. So, I am going to try and create some kind of schedule for my weekly postings. Here is what I have so far:

Mondays - Long time readers will recognize this. I am bringing back, "The 5 things that pissed me off last week." I did this for a little bit a while back and then suddenly stopped. I had fun with these so I am bring this back.

Tuesdays - I am going to start a column called Top 5 Tuesdays. On these days, I will think of a random topic and try to come up with a top 5 list. Some local DJs do this and it is always fun. I'll be looking for any agreements or disagreements on each topic.

Wednesdays - I am stealing this from Sonja. Wednesdays will be Wordless Wednesdays. I'll have some kind of picture that will be funny/pretty/random/etc. Just a picture.

Thursdays - Thursday triva. Some trivia questions for all of you. Won't necessarily ALWAYS be movie trivia so don't worry.

Fridays - Fat Free Fridays

Saturday and Sundays - No idea yet. I could take the weekend off or I could be open to suggestions. Let me know if you have any.

Now, if I also have other things to talk about or Rich or Jess want to post on one of these days, that is fine too. So, if something interesting happens to me on Tuesday, you get 2 posts for the day. But I like having a schedule. It keeps me on track. Let's see how I do....

5 comments:

Mom said...

I like this idea a lot. I can see maybe taking the weekend off unless something really exciting happens. If Jess or Rich post as well then that would be a lot of interesting reading. I look forward to the variety!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Manuel, if you do Wordless Wednesday, think about putting your name on the list at http://www.wordlesswednesday.com/
It's not a club, exactly, but there are lots of people on the list participating in the concept.

Adding yourself to the list might net some new readers (if you're interested in that)!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a format for your blog and I always did enjoy for list of things that pissed you off.

Jose said...

I guess I am too new to your blog, but so far I have liked the diversity and the guest posts you had since I became your reader. You normally lose me with the "comics" and the "nintendos" (too old to understand those) but I like most of what you write about, specially when you vent out about things that you don't like.
I for one still enjoy being one of your regulars.

MrManuel said...

Mom - Weekends off may be good.

Sonja - I may just have to add myself there.

Nani - Glad to bring it back!

Jose - Glad to have you around!