Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #1

For my first Top Five Tuesday, I have decided to go with an easy category - the top 5 game shows of all time. Everyone has seen at least one game show in their life. Many of us have seen many different game shows in our lives. I myself have seen a bunch because of my love for games. I especially love the ones where I can participate. I am exclduing reality game shows such as Survivor and Amazing Race and competiton shows such as Idol and the Dancing Stars. So without further ado, here is my opinion on the top five game shows of all time

#5 - The Weakest Link - I love this show for one reason. It is just a constant barrage of trivia questions in a rapid fashion. The great thing about the trivia? The questions for the most part aren't really that hard. You just have to be quick to get the answer before time runs out. Very addicting.

#4 - American Gladiators - Physical game show, but a game show nonetheless. This was an awesome show. Watching ordinary people go head to heard with muscle bound freaks in all kinds of athletic competitions! Awesome stuff. I could never get enough of this show.

#3 - Family Feud : So simple to play yet so fun. My favorite part of the show might actually be listening to the tremendously dumb answers that people give sometimes. It is fun to just roll your eyes and wonder how they thought that was a good answer. Don't forget the Fast Money round which is the best part of the game!

#2 - Jeopardy : I LOVE Jeopardy! Why? I just love trivia. Anytime I just get to answer a bunch of random questions about a variety of subjects, I am happy. And you know what, I actually do pretty well with the questions on the show. I don't think I am good enough to go on the show, but I answer my share of questions. One day Jess will be able to beat me when we watch.

#1 - The Price is Right: This is not really my favorite game show now, but over all, this is what I believe is the best game show of all time. Why? Anyone can play. For the most part, it is a realy simple game. Even as a young child, you can sit down and understand what is going on. Plus, you have to give it credit for its long life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all good shows. I used to love the $10,000 pyramid. Then it became $100,000 pyramid. Joey was on it on an episode of Friends. Hilarious.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I agree with most of your picks. My top five would be:
5. Double Dare
4. Supermarket Sweep
3. Jeopardy
2. Family Feud
1. The Price Is Right

Nani, Manuel and I quote that episode of Friends all the time, "Mayonnaise, a sandwich, a ghost!"

Sebastien Millon said...

I haven't seen too many game shows. I remember really liking Double Dare, that was awesome! I'd love to see American Gladiators, bet that was a fun show...

MrManuel said...

Nani - Pyramid was fun. That Friends episode is a classic.

Mrs - We should have gone on Supermarket Sweep!


Seb - You never saw Gladiators?!?! You missed out!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how NBC has attempted to save programming dollars by reincarnating the game show genre in prime time. I like watching them initially, but the movement is so slow in these shows, I get tired of them really fast. I used to like "Deal or No Deal" but it takes FOREVER for them to open the cases. Your picks are cool, those are faster moving shows.

Did you ever watch that new one called "Show Me the Money" with William Shatner. Geez, that was the worst show I've ever seen, bar none. Jiggling dancing girls and Shatner singing. Ugh. I think they pulled it off the schedule already.

Mom said...

I love Supermarket Sweep. I always thought papi and I should go on that show, mostly because he is great at knowing prices. I like the old shows - Family Feud, Newlywed game, Dating game, $100,000 pyramid, but I think my favorite of all time is....aaagh...the name just escaped me - the one with the "Whammies"!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mom, it's called Press Your Luck. That used to be my favorite too! I forgot about that one. And The Newlywed Game - people say the darndest things on that show!

MrManuel said...

Sonja - Yeah, NBC is doing it to an overkill level with game shows. Do it everyday and we don't care any more. I liked Deal or No Deal when it started, but then it got way too corny. Hate it now! Now that show with Shatner, that was a disaster!!!

MrManuel said...

POM - Newlywed show is always funny!

Mom - Good choice with Press your luck. Always loved that show.

Unknown said...

You are in luck. Old episodes of #4 on your list are coming back to ESPN Classic.

American Gladiators on ESPN Classic
Nitro to Host Marathon Saturday, March 31st at 1 P.M.
Regular Schedule to Begin Monday

ESPN Classic is bringing back American Gladiators, the hit television program in which the contestants (two male and two female) matched themselves against the program's stable of athletes in a variety of feats of strength and agility. American Gladiators premieres on ESPN Classic Saturday at 1 p.m. ET with a seven hour Marathon hosted by former Gladiator Dan Clark aka "Nitro." American Gladiators will then air on ESPN Classic in its regular time slots on Mondays through Fridays beginning on April 2.