Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whore

Manuel and I were out and about the other day. For one of our errands, we parked the car in a parking structure. After we were done doing whatever it was we had come to do, we took the elevator down to the level where we parked the car. In this particular parking structure, the elevator is separated from the cars - it's in it's own room. So we exit the elevator and I open the door to go to the car. As I open the door, I hear the tell tale whack of someone on the other side of the door. OOPS! I didn't open the door all crazy like either, just a normal opening of a door. But I'm a good person, so the following conversation took place:

Me: Oh my goodness! Did I hurt you?
The lady (with her son): No no no. It was my fault.
Me: I'm so sorry though. Are you sure you're ok?
The lady: Yes. It's ok.

And I went toward the car while Manuel held the door open for the lady and her son.

After they went inside, Manuel catches up to me and says, "Oh my God, babe! That lady called you a whore!"

Apparently, after I went out of my way to make sure she wasn't hurt and apologize, after she assured me it was her fault and that she was fine, once I was out of ear shot, she felt the need to insult me. What the hell?!

1) What kind of person does that? I could understand her calling me that if I hit her with the door and kept going, but no, like I mentioned above, I was really nice to her.
2) What kind of mother speaks like that in front of her son? Why is she teaching him that that is acceptable behavior - a) to call nice people bad names and b) to call women in general whores?
3) Why didn't my husband defend my honor? I'm not asking him to get into fisticuffs with the woman, but he could have said something like, "Excuse me, that's my wife." That would have put her on the spot and made her embarrassed at least...

What's that saying - no good deed goes unpunished? Seems appropriate for this story...

5 comments:

Jose said...

Admit it that's too funny, not what she called you but the concept of the whole situation. She had the need to insult you but didn't want to risk her butt being kicked on top of geing whacked on the head already. So after being "nice" so to speak she had to reiterate that she liked you very much... not!

Anonymous said...

That woman was not a lady. It takes all kinds...

Sebastien Millon said...

You shoulda beat the hell out of that lady...

Well, maybe not, but why must people be two-faced and mean like that!? Some unhappy people find terrible outlets for their misery, such as callously trying to hurt others because they themselves are hurting (or just plain mean!)...

Anonymous said...

She sounds like one of those "passive aggressive" types. I know it's difficult because she said it about you, but don't take it personally - I'm sure she does that to everybody she meets. Feel sorry for HER, can you imagine how miserable she must be on a daily basis? She's in her own brand of hell.
You did the right thing, be proud of that, and don't feel bad.

Miss Rabbit said...

That woman is a whore, you should beat her up