Monday, August 27, 2007

30 is coming...

Well, I still have about 9 months until I turn 30, but this past weekend, I celebrated the first 30th birthday for a friend from my graduating class. I gave him the requisite "old man" jokes, but really, now that he is 30, nothing is different. I know it is still a while for me, but I don't see turning 30 as a bad thing. I don' fear it. It's just a number. Yeah, my body is feeling older, but that is to be expected. I don't think I will be acting any mature. Hell, I stil play video games and collect comics. That isn't going to change. I actually look forward to the next year of doing nothing but having celebration after celebration for each friend as they hit the 30 mark. I think it is going to be fun.

The party I went to was awesome. He had it at this new bowling alley in town. I had never been there and boy, were we amazed. He rented out the party room which had 4 privae lanes with big screen tvs at the end of the lanes to watch sports or whatever, a pool table, and leather couches to sit on while you bowled. You could also shut off the lights so you could do glow bowling. The place was friggin' amazing. Expensive, but definitely worth the price.

The big day for my sister is in less than a week now. Getting closer...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved being in my 30s. Even the 40s was OK. It's the 50s that are getting to me. Still, every day you wake up is a good day. :-)

Mom said...

Oh to be 30 again. I'm not even sure if I remember. 50 is hard because more than likely you are not going to live another 50! All in all, however, it is how you feel and a state of mind. I'm glad I'm healthy and I plan on making every moment count! 5 days until the BIG DAY! It should be fun.

Anonymous said...

It's not that bad...I am sliding down the backside of 30 now and headed to 40 and I do not care. Once a kid always a kid.

npanth said...

I'm about 8 months away from 40, so I can now pontificate about the 30 milestone... you WhipperSnapper!
Honestly, I didn't believe all those people telling me that we all start falling apart at 30, but it's kind of true. It's like someone flipped a switch, and you get your first inexplicable ache. By the time you're 35, you can see the arc of deterioration and envision what it's like to be 40, 50. Man, I don't think I'll be able to get out of bed in a couple years. Lol

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Really - when you turn 30 you'll still be playing video games and collecting comics?







:-)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Wait till you are turning 40... That will you make you really think about it..lol Hope he had a nice Birthday..

MrManuel said...

Nani - You have a very good point

Mom - I agree...always the state of mind.

Evil - I agree!

Npanth - Great, now you have me scared!


Jess- Many more years of this!

Babybull - Got a while for that.

Tara said...

One of my friends turned 30 last year and you'd think she was ready to go to a nursing home. She was so upset that she was turning 30. But you're right, it is just a number. Turning 30 wasn't bad for me. Neither was 31, 32 or 33.

Anonymous said...

30 isn't so bad. When I turned thirty it seemed like I got a lot smarter faster about life and people in general. It was a real spiritual turning point for me.