Friday, August 17, 2007

Frightful Dilemma Friday #8 and a Guitar Hero update

Would you rather have to ALWAYS wear wet socks....

or...

wet underwear?



And in other news....

Guitar Hero 3, coming out in October, is coming along nicely. With the latest announced song, "One" by Metallica(Oh hell yeah!), the list is looking great. Here are the list of songs announced for the game so far...

"3's and 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Barracuda" – Heart
"Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins
"Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
"Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
"Go That Far" – Bret Michaels Band
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
"La Grange" – ZZ Top
"Lay Down" – Priestess
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
"Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Reptilia" – The Strokes
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper
"She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
"She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
"Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Talk Dirty to Me" - Poison
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses


A new mode that sounds awesome is in the versus mode. When you and an opponent are playing each other to see who can do the song better. Here is the scoop from Wikipedia...

IGN announced the game would feature a new multiplayer game mode called Battle Mode. The mode puts a twist on the Pro Face-off mode introduced in Guitar Hero II. Two players will face each other, trying to complete a song while successfully playing Star Power sequences to earn attacks that can be used against their opponents. Players will be able to store three attacks at a time and can activate them by tilting their guitars upward. If neither player fails the song, they will face each other in a sudden death segment. The attacks will include:

Broken string: One fret button on the opponent's guitar will not work until it is fixed (by rapidly tapping the button).
Difficulty up: The opponent will play the song on an increased difficulty for a short duration of time (except for expert difficulty).
Amp overload: The fret board will shake and appear blurry, making the scrolling notes difficult to read.
Whammy bar: The opponent will have to use the whammy bar before he/she can play notes again.
Steal power: This will steal your opponent's power-up (this will be lost if used when the opponent has no power-up).
Double notes: The opponent will have to play any single note as a two-button chord, and any two-button chord as a three-button chord for a short amount of time.
Lefty flip: The fret board will be mirrored, requiring the player to switch their handedness on the guitar.


Rock Band, a similar game, but with drums, and a mic, and the whole sha-bang, is coming along great too, but I will save that for next time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to play the Guitar Hero 3....6thats all there is to say about that.

I will go for wet socks, even though it gets cold here, I could not imagine wearing wet underwear all the time.

Jose said...

With wet socks comes stinky feet so I'll opt for wet underwear. As for Guitar Hero I suck at it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a much less disgusting dilemma.
I choose wet underwear. I think they would dry quicker than the socks would.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Jose, if wet socks lead to stinky feet, what do wet underwear lead to?!

I'd choos the wet socks - at least I could wear shoes to cover it, but if I had wet underwear, it would always look like I had an accident...

I SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO cannot wait from GH 3 AND Rock Band. Since I find GH 80s a bit disappointing, it will be nice to get back on track with the others.

Mom said...

Wet socks to me would be cold and I hate cold feet. I would choose the wet underwear.

The new Guitar Hero sounds fun

Anonymous said...

My thermometer runs a little cool, so I can't imagine having anything ALWAYS wet against my skin. I'm like a cat, I hate getting wet. I used to get bummed out at theme parks when the log ride would whoosh through the water and I'd have to walk around in soaked clothes for several hours.

laura b. said...

I am not a gamer myself, but it is fun to see everyone get excited about something...anything :-)

As for the frightful dilemma, I will have to go with wet socks. Wet underwear would just chafe in all the wrong places...

MrManuel said...

Evil - Yeah, Guitar Hero can't come soon enough.

Jose -Stinky feet are no good. Practice!

Nani - They will never dry per the rules.

Mrs - Yes, I agree on GH 80s.

Mom - Cold Feet? Keep themin the shoes.

Sonja - Yeah, that would always suck.

Laura - Yes, chafing might end the discusison right there as to which is worse.

Michelle said...

I'm creating a game of GH/Karaoke/DDR!
You'll have to buy it...